Re: Signaling & peerconnection API questions

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 2011-07-20 00:40, Cullen Jennings wrote:

> > > I think an SDP offer that indicates no support of ICE MUST be
> > > rejected as failing to comply with the security model. No handshake,
> > > no sending audio, video, or data to them.
> >
> > +1 - seriously, I can't see any alternative to this
>
> My conclusion was the same. This means as far as I understand it that
> the spec should be updated. Today it just references rfc5245, I think a
> clause saying something like "that an SDP offer indicating that ICE is
> not supported must be rejected" should be added. Alternative it could
> say that no sending of audio, video or data is allowed if there has not
> been an ICE handshake. (I guess others will be able to phrase this much
> better).

I tried to add something to this effect to the spec, but I couldn't find
where in the ICE spec it would ever cause any processing to occur in a
manner that didn't involve a probe which would fail if the other side
wasn't expecting a connection. Can someone more familiar with ICE
elaborate on what behaviour exactly it is that I should be blocking here?