Re: Mozilla/Cisco API Proposal

On Jul 10, 2011, at 15:29 , Anant Narayanan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We've put up an informal description of the RTC API that we've been working on for the last few weeks on:
>
> https://github.com/mozilla/rainbow/wiki/RTC_API_Proposal
>
> It is based on the WHATWG RTC proposal [1] by Ian Hickson, as well as the MediaStream Processing API proposal [2] by Robert O'Callahan.
>
> The proposal is very much a work in progress and there a few unknowns here and there. However, we hope that it can serve as a good starting point towards a working draft.
>
> The PeerConnection section, in particular, is in flux; we also have an alternate proposal for how multiple peers may connect:
>
> https://github.com/mozilla/rainbow/wiki/RTC_API_Proposal:PeerListener
>
> The document is quite informal in its current state, if there is a particular format in which you would like us to submit the proposal as a W3C "member submission" I will be happy to convert it as necessary.

We also have a separate more formal looking document running as starting point for the "member submission" at

http://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/cbran/w3c/web-rtc-apis.html

It's lagging the https://github.com/mozilla/rainbow/wiki/RTC_API_Proposal but we are moving it to line up with that.

All of this is obviosly work in progress and love to get feedback and ideas.