Re: DTMF

Good point :-) Mostly the PSTN has some spirits that require weird rituals. But the normal use case driving very long tones is some calling card services allowed you to "break out" of the current call using a very long pound then start new call from the calling card IVR service. The longest of these I have seen work with a 3 second long #. I don't know of any use cases needing things longer than this. It's hard to imagine there will be lots of use cases needing something larger than this this because humans are impatient and hate holding down buttons for all that long.