Proposal to remove some implementation details

From: Anant Narayanan <anant@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 09:37:32 -0700
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
(Apologies for missing the teleconference this morning, my calendar messed up and I ended up being on the train 1 hour earlier than intended.)

The current working document (http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html) contains several instances of "steps to follow" for User-Agents. This level of detail is probably not appropriate for our work (at-least at this stage), and in one instance may be out of scope for this working group.

The proposal is to remove the following text from the document entirely:

- Section 2.1.1.1, Methods, "When the getUserMedia() method is called, the user agent must run the following steps: …"

- Section 4, Peer to peer connections, "When the PeerConnection() constructor is invoked, the user agent must run the following steps.   This algorithm has a synchronous section (which is triggered as part of the event loop algorithm). Steps in the synchronous section are marked with ⌛…"

- Section 5, The data stream, "When the user agent is to transmit a data packet to a peer using a data UDP media stream and with a byte string payload raw message, the user agent must run the following steps: …" (Arguably the entire data stream section is within the scope of the IETF rather than the W3C-WG).

Comments welcome!

Thanks,
-Anant