Re: Mapping of media streams to RTP (Re: Query: What does "context" mean in the context (sic) of requirement A15? [ACTION-6])

On 8/25/2011 3:50 AM, Elwell, John wrote:
> Randell,
>
> Good point - if the first RTCP packet gets dropped, it will be a long time before the next one arrives, and in the meantime no CSRC to SSRC mapping will be available.

Well, we are looking at AVPF which allows (though does not mandate) faster RTCP,
and I think we're suggesting the "fast sync" rfc as well, so that might cover it
- but there still can be a delay before the RTCP gets through successfully.

--
Randell Jesup
randell-ietf@jesup.org