RE: Additional requirement - audio-only communication

[JRE] When a side initiating a communication sends an SDP offer, there is an implicit assumption that only media that the user wants to use are included in that offer. Somehow, via the user interface used to establish the communication, the user indicates a desire for audio only, audio plus video, etc..

So if the SDP offer is to be generated from the browser (I think this is still under discussion), I can see that the browser API needs a means, prior to the offer being generated, for the application to indicate the media to be offered.

John

John Elwell
Tel: +44 1908 817801 (office and mobile)
Email: john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com
http://www.siemens-enterprise.com/uk/

Siemens Enterprise Communications Limited.
Registered office: Brickhill Street, Willen Lake, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DJ.
Registered No: 5903714, England.

Siemens Enterprise Communications Limited is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.