Re: Additional requirement - audio-only communication

On 2011-08-23 14:16, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

> A18  It MUST be possible for an initiator or a responder Web application
> to indicate the types of media he's willing to accept incoming streams
> for when setting up a connection (audio, video, other). The types of
> media he's willing to accept can be a subset of the types of media the
> browser is able to accept.
When do you think this should be indicated? I guess that in most cases
the establishment of a connection is foregone by some signaling (I would
like to communicate, would you?). Perhaps what media you would be
willing to receive can be agreed in this phase, and the sending
application would react by sending only the desired media. This way
there would not be a need to have specific APIs for this purpose.