Notes, September 1

Den 01. sep. 2016 14:37, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> The usual agenda.
>
> Mediacapture-main
> =================
> Pull requests
> -------------
>
> Issues
> ------
> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (stefhak)
> #350 New permission definitions are wrong. (alvestrand)
> #360 Specify relation between return from getConstraints and con (burnburn)
> #371 Privacy issue with media capture and fingerprinting room ac (burnburn)
> #380 Remove redundant list-devices permission. ()
> #382 'allowusermedia' not defined ()
> Needs opening a bug on permissions (and assigning it to me).

Stefan will open a bug.

> #384 Should we use [EnforceRange] on min/max in constraints? ()
> I think this is "editor-ready", but might be worthy of a note to the
> list before declaring consensus. Volunteers for the PR?
>
> #385 ConstrainLong only concern positive values ()
> Should be done together with #384

Dan and Adam are not on the call. First to volunteer gets it :-)

> #386 What does "getSettings" return? (alvestrand)
> We seem to have a consensus that Chrome is wrong here.

Harald will suggest language.

> #387 Reinstate strong language on permission ending when tracks  ()
> I think the spec behavior didn't change, but the word "permission" got
> dropped.
> Someone else needs to have an opinion about that.

Stefan will take a look.

> #388 Wording concern about the text describing the add track and ()
> Assign to Adam?

Assigned to Adam.

> #389 Camera light and "disabled" tracks ()
> Related to #387

We expect jyasskin and/or Jan-Ivar to comment.
Would be nice to get input from implementors too.

> WebRTC-PC
> =========
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #624 Upscale allowed (fluffy)
> Can we reassign this to someone who can get a WG consensus? Stefan?

Ball is back with fluffy.

> #738 Getting the fingerprint of an RTCCertificate ()
> Waiting for IETF

JSEP seems to be updating to -update. This probably needs to show a way
to get "the fingerprint(s) that will appear in the SDP" too.

> #756 Integrate queueing into the setLocal/RemoteDescription step ()
> Since Jan-Ivar is happy, I suggest we merge.

Merged.

> #757 Support ufrag in IceCandidate and end of IceCandidate indic ()
> No new commits yet.

Assigned to Cullen.

> #765 Adding more detail to the definition of the ICE `disconnect ()
> Looks good to me.

Merged.

> #776 Support for OAuth in TURN credentials (Issue 714 patch) ()
> OAUTH mechanics need verification.

Waiting for responses. Multiple unhappy alternatives.

> #777 Fix WebIDL of RTCDTMFSender ()
> Looks good to me.

Merged.

> #778 Remove void conformance requirement on interToneGap ()
> Something wrong here.

Bogosity fixed. Merged.

> #779 Make duration and interToneGap attributes unsigned long ()
> Looks good to me.

Merged.

> Issues
> ------
> Let's start with the unassigned ones, and then loop back to look at the
> ones where something's been done since last week.
>
> #295 Guidance for extending objects vs extending Stats needed (alvestrand)
> #296 Debugging ICE problems needs more info (aboba)
> #305 Describe what happens when media changes (fluffy)
> #337 Interfacing between WebRTC spec and JSEP (burnburn)
> #526 NetworkError event is not defined and might not be needed (adam-be)
> #551 Errors when identifying a m-line in addIceCandidate() (adam-be)
> #554 We never fire the 'connectionstatechange' event (adam-be)
> #555 Sort out requirements around IdpLoginError (martinthomson)
> #561 Normatively cite webrtc-stats for sections 8.x (alvestrand)
> #566 Separate sender and receiver sets are unnecessary when we h (burnburn)
> #578 Need to specify precisely when MID generation happens (adam-be)
> #579 Congruenting about "The negotiation-needed flag is cleared  (adam-be)
> #600 Operations queue: What is run synchronously before the oper (adam-be)
> #645 public negotiation-needed flag as readonly (adam-be)
> #655 Update JSEP reference to 5.8 (burnburn)
> #661 Add informative table of all things that can cause negotiat (burnburn)
> #671 Processing remote MediaStreamTracks without MediaStreams in
> (alvestrand)
> #678 Support assertions that identify the recipient (martinthomson)
> #685 Update JSEP reference for receipt of multiple RTP encodings (aboba)
> #687 Clarify reasoning behind and mitigation of privacy issues ( (stefhak)
> #688 Indicators of usage and data flow (PING review) (stefhak)
> #690 Information available prior to permission prompt (PING revi (stefhak)

Dom promised to do some input on the PING stuff.

> #692 Meaning of "Liveness checks have failed" for `disconnected` (adam-be)
> #698 JSEP/WebRTC mismatch on empty remote MID (adam-be)
> #700 An event for when a Circuit Breaker is triggered (stefhak)

Closed due to no consensus to add, and no implementation experience.

> #705 Missing sender identifier attribute (msid) (stefhak)

Needs submitter action (no comment in 2 weeks). Will close next week if
not there.

> #709 offerToReceiveAudio/offerToReceiveVideo remain in implement (adam-be)
> #714 STUN/TURN OAuth token auth parameter passing (aboba)
> #720 getting the fingerprint of a RTCCertificate? (aboba)
> #723 Need JSEP reference for end-of-candidates indication (burnburn)
> #726 Add a ufrag attribute to the RTCIceCandidate structure to i (aboba)
> #727 removeTrack: throw exception if sender is not in connection (adam-be)
> #729 RTCStats timestamp source ambiguous (alvestrand)
> #746 Need to specify what happens if `createDataChannel` is call (adam-be)
> #755 setLocal/RemoteDescription should explicitly state which st (adam-be)
> #760 Figure out backward-compatible way to indicate ufrag+mid on (adam-be)
> #763 Handling of simulcast errors (aboba)
> #764 Specify how an RTCRtpSender should treat an ended track (adam-be)
>
> Unassigned items start here. They all seem to be DTMF items(!)
>
> #766 Why [NoInterfaceObject] for RTCDTMFSender? ()
> Fixed by #777
>
> #767 RTCDTMFSender needs to inherit from EventTarget ()
> Fixed by #777
>
> #768 insertDTMF should normalize input ()
> #769 insertDTMF doesn't define what happens with characters that ()
> #770 What are the units of interToneGap? ()
> #771 Why does the interToneGap getter return long instead of uns ()
> #772 interToneGap definition doesn't quite make sense ()
> #773 duration definition on RTCDTMFSender doesn't quite make sen ()
> #774 The sentence "It MUST be at least 30 ms" in the definition  ()
> #775 Handling of invalid characters in the tone buffer is broken ()

Assigned to Bernard.

Other stuff: We need new versions out before TPAC.
It's appropriate to start pushing new versions out on Monday; we need
signoff from Adam and Dan that they're OK with the state (and a
commitment to update the changelist & push from one of them).