Notes, May 12

Den 12. mai 2016 14:06, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> == Mediacapture-Main ==
>
> We have approval for CR!
> That means we should stop changing it.... once the last fixes are in.
> Suggestion: Merge what's ready (Harald, here's looking at you), and then
> publish a new ED that becomes the CR.
>
> New EDs will be focused on "bug fixes". We should aim not to do many.
>
> -- Pulls ---
> #349 Use 'originIdentifier' in getUserMedia() steps (issue #339) ()

Merged.

> #357 Be specific on what live tracks grant implicit permission. ()

Conflict. HTA to fix and merge.

> #358 Getusermedia: Pull the permissions check into the per-type  ()

Merged.

> -- Issues --
> #339 originIdentifier is unused (adam-be)

Closed

> #350 New permission definitions are wrong. (stefhak)

Still an issue.

> #352 With single camera, calling getUserMedia twice causes Permi
> (alvestrand)

Closed

> #353 IFrame access control makes problems for [CEReactions] intr ()

Won't fix this one in time for the CR, I think.

> #354 site A calling getUserMedia grants permission to site B. (alvestrand)
> Addressed by #357

Will be closed then.

> #359 MUST clear requirement for deviceId ()

"Browsing session" doesn't have a definitional link in the document.
Moving to a new page closes a browsing session, it seems. Firefox
doesn't want that.

We'll push out another editors' draft; that will go to CR. We will
iterate at CR to fix the bugs. Adam will push it.

> == Webrtc-PC ==
>
> Dom wants to do "continuous IDL" as a giant patch after today's merges. OK?
>
> I'll try to put "LGTM" on the pulls instead of the usual in-agenda comments.
>
> -- Pulls --
> #595 Fix rtcpTransport description ()

Issue raised not fixed.

> #601 Specify the synchronous and queued steps for addIceCandidat (adam-be)

Not complete yet - only one of the specific operations is updated.
Waiting.

> #602 addTransceiver(): Throw a TypeError on a bogus track kind ( (adam-be)

Merged.

> #610 Server cannot be reached - Issues with IPv6 ()

Still has a TBD, but merging. New issue for IANA alloc.

> #611 Clarify ICE consent freshness feedback ()

Merged.

> #613 local/remote description typo ()

Gone.

> #616 Convert to WebIDL contiguous mode ()

Waiting for the rest. Dom's got our approval to merge when he thinks
it's ready.

> #617 Effect of RTCRtpReceiver.track.stop() ()

Can have multiple tracks sourced from a receiver as a result of
track.clone, so needs update. Not merging.

> #618 Fix RTCPeerConnection legacy overloads (issue: #615) ()

Merged.

> #620 setDirection() ()

Merged.

> #621 "Hold" unspecified ()

Aboba says not ready.

> #624 Upscale allowed ()

May need list discussion. Questions need answering.

> #625 unifiy DTMF time with rtcweb WG ()

Merged

> #629 Table of RTCRtpEncodingParameters for RtpSender/RtpReceiver ()

Needs review by pthatcher.

> #630 ICE candidate type references ()

Merged.

> #631 Clarification on 'apt' parameter ()

List discussion needed - Bernard will stimulate.

> #635 pc.addTrack: Add kind check when reusing a sender and skip  ()

Merged.

> #636 replaceTrack: Use 'transceiver kind' instead of track.kind  ()

Merged.

#637 mimeType clarification

Subtype suggested. HTA protests. List discussion needed.

> -- Issues --
> #142 "Hold" unspecified (aboba)
> #253 Assurance that requests to IdP proxy originate from the use
> (martinthomson)
> #257 ICE Candidate should have accessors for protocol-relevant i
> (alvestrand)
> #295 Guidance for extending objects vs extending Stats needed (alvestrand)
> #296 Debugging ICE problems needs more info (aboba)
> #305 Describe what happens when media changes (fluffy)
> #337 Interfacing between WebRTC spec and JSEP (burnburn)
> #369 addTrack's streams parameter is unused. (adam-be)
> #457 Non-normative ICE state transition diagram (taylor-b)
> #517 Clarify ICE consent freshness feedback (aboba)
> #518 PING review of webrtc-pc spec (stefhak)
> #526 NetworkError event is not defined and might not be needed (adam-be)
> #529 MediaStreamTrack clarifications needed(?) (stefhak)
> #542 Server cannot be reached - Issues with IPv6 (aboba)
> #548 RTX/RED/FEC handling (aboba)
> #550 'the process to apply candidate' should link to JSEP (adam-be)
> #551 Errors when identifying a m-line in addIceCandidate() (adam-be)
> #554 We never fire the 'connectionstatechange' event (adam-be)
> #555 Sort out requirements around IdpLoginError (martinthomson)
> #561 Normatively cite webrtc-stats for sections 8.x (alvestrand)
> #562 What to do with an RTCIdentityProvider that returns rubbish
> (martinthomson)
> #563 Undefined 'transceiver' object used in 'dispatch a receiver
> (pthatcherg)
> #565 pc.close() never fires any events. On purpose? (stefhak)
> #566 Separate sender and receiver sets are unnecessary when we h (burnburn)
> #568 Should we specify how addStream()/"addstream event" should  (aboba)
> #571 Mechanisms for populating the contents of RTCRtpSender/Rece (taylor-b)
> #572 Unclear how the `getStats` track selector works in the cont
> (alvestrand)
> #578 Need to specify precisely when MID generation happens (adam-be)
> #579 Congruenting about "The negotiation-needed flag is cleared  (adam-be)
> #581 No error defined for addTransceiver() with a bogus track ki (adam-be)

Closed by #602

> #583 Is it OK to call addTransceiver() with a track already adde (stefhak)
> #585 Unclear if RTCRtpTransceiver.stop() acts right away or requ (taylor-b)
> #597 Calling RTCRtpReceiver.track.stop() (aboba)
> #598 Faulty step 7 in replaceTrack algo ()
> #599 'update the ICE gathering/connection state' steps should ch ()
> #600 Operations queue: What is run synchronously before the oper (adam-be)
> #605 RTCIceCandidate constructor should not require sdpMid dicti ()
> #607 addTrack needs to match media types (adam-be)
> #608 Move degradationPreference from RTCRtpParameters to RTCRtpE ()
> #609 Split RTCRtpEncodingParameters in RTCRtpEncodingParameters  ()
> #612 ICE candidate types should come with references ()
> #614 Typo in Section 4.3.2.2 ()
> #615 Overloaded operations: Throw or reject? ()
> #619 setDirection() ()
> #622 RTCRtpTransceiverInit: receive parameters ()
> #623 How to manage RTCRtpTransceivers for incoming MediaStreamTr ()
> #626 What should defaultIceServers be if browser has no default  ()
> #627 defaultIceServers adds to the fingerprinting surface ()
> #628 Custom id/label for tracks ()
> #632 How local peer learns of transceiver.stop() on remote peer ()
> #633 RTCPeerConnection.addTrack steps returns prematurely and sk (adam-be)
> #634 RTCRtpSender.replaceTrack: 'old track' may be null so we ca ()

Lots of stuff closed.

Dom will merge #616, and then Adam will push a new ED.