Re: Agenda, January 28

Den 28. jan. 2016 15:14, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> Overarching issues:

Harald will be out next week. Stefan will take care of the agenda.

> - The 80-character wrapping Travis check is removed. Not easy enough to
> get along with for editors.
> - That means rewrapping will only happen if editors do it. Be prepared.

Reminder: Everyone needs to register for the interim Doodle.

> Mediacapture-main PR:
> =====================
> #307 Add text about Capabilities and features that can only in mo ()
> Long discussion. Does it help? (maybe "considered supported" is better
> phrased as "listed in the Capabilities dictionary", so that we avoid
> using the word "supported" here?)

Adam will do some more work here.

> #308 Clarify how the generic applyConstraints algorithm applies t ()
> Should SelectSettings and applyConstraints be hotlinks?
> Text LGTM.

Merged

> #309 Specify permission model for nested browsing contexts (fixes ()
> LGTM (and I'll copy the links over to the permissions doc)

Merged.

> #310 Add contribution guidelines (based on webrtc-pc version) ()
> LGTM

Merged

> Mediacapture-main issues:
> =========================
> #246 track.applyConstraints() doesn't do anything. (burnburn)
> Fixed by #308
>
> #267 Permission model for cross-origin iframes (adam-be)
> Fixed by #309
>
> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (adam-be)
> Adam? Can we get a proposal (PR) to the list? <iframe allowusermedia>?

Adam is working on a PR. Need more discussion to check that we have
consensus on it - not at the WEBRTC interim, because this is a TF topic.

> #288 Dealing with LC-3019 "WebIDL compilability in template" (burnburn)
> I think we can close this. What remains, if anything?

Updating the LC issue with the resolution. Chairs' responsibility.
Stefan will ping LC issue filer.

> #296 How to handle known but unsupported constraints (adam-be)
> I think we should try to make this as simple as possible.

Still under discussion.

> #305 Use permissions API model for describing permissions? (alvestrand)
> Hope we're going to land the permissions model soon. Waiting.

Waiting for Mounir's decision on the permissions PR.

> Webrtc-PC PR:
> =============
> #317 Make RTCDataChannels Transferable (stefhak)
> Stefan, any improvements?

Still nobody wanting to do the work... if nothing happens ... post-1.0?
LATER label applied.

> #434 Change setParameters call to be Async  (fluffy)
> Pinging fluffy.

Cullen has been essentially unreachable for 2 weeks.
Reassigning and will update.

> #443 Updating build configuration (martinthomson)
> Needs rebase.

Assigned to Dom for review & merge.

> #445 Make DataChannels Transferable and explain the implications (stefhak)
> See #317
>
> #462 Add PeerConnection.activateSender() and update early media e
> (pthatcherg)
> #463 Add more explicit language about transceivers, MIDs and roll
> (pthatcherg)
> #466 Use an enum to describe directionality of RTP Stream (pthatcherg)
> Waiting for pthatcher to respond to all these 3.

Erik will ping pthatcher about this.

> #467 Use enum for voiceActivityDetection ()
> Others' input, please! (interim topic?)

Bug #375 is the one with the discussion of these.
Adam will pull together an opinion on these (#466, #467, #471).

> #468 Replace DOMError with DOMException (burnburn)
> Error handling.

Dan will handle this as part of error handling.

> #470 Remove remaining pseudo-static notations ()
> LGTM

Merged.

> #471 Use enum for RTCDataChannel’s ordered attribute ()
> Grumble (same as #467)

Adam

> #472 Update error reports to align with existing DOM Errors (burnburn)
> Review by Dan?

Dan error.

> #475 Definition of Active for an RTCRtpReceiver ()
> Looks OK - marginal value @receiver.

Assigned to pthatcherg for review.

> #480 Remove ambiguous language on changing certificates in rtccon ()
> LGTM

Merged

> #484 In Change log section fix the heading of the latest entry. ()
> LGTM?

Merged

> #485 Update SOTD as the document is now quite stable and the grou ()
> LGTM?

Merged

#486 Spelling of RTX/FecParameters

Merged

#483 assigned to Bernard - he thinks it's a dup and was covered by
Taylor, but needs to say so if so.

#142 should be easy once we have processed sendrecv/sendonly/recvonly -
but we haven't yet.

5 issues marked so far - ICE
Doodle has 15 responses already.
A bit worried about the interim size and what happens if someone drops out.
Bernard would like to have a sharp time management and a concrete set of
recommendations - Erik will have a framework deck out at the end of this
week.