Notes, January 21

Den 21. jan. 2016 13:40, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> It's been 2 weeks since last time.
>
> Overarching items
> =================

Discussing interim - technology worked well. Afraid of the 25-attendee
limit.
Dan has tried a tool called "crowdcast" - commercial. Might scale.

Dan will work with the "verifiable claims" WG - he wants to try to reuse
some of our toolset. We're cool with that.

> New version of webrtc-pc after interim: Status?

Let's plan to push one after this meeting.
Adam volunteers to do the pushing.

> Dom's new status tracker dashboard:
> https://www.w3.org/Tools/gh-dashboard/?repo=w3c%2Fwebrtc-pc&template=templates%2Flabel-state.html
>
> How is it useful to the editors? How can it be better?

Dan sees how it can be useful to the chairs - for editors, working on
stuff "assigned to me" (easy in Github) is more important.

> Mediacapture-main PRs
> =====================
> #306 Explain WebIDL limitation for ConstrainablePattern ()
> Looks good to me. Adequate?

We'll merge this once the 80 characters issue is worked out.

#307 about Capabilities that can only be "off"

Looks good. Also merge when 80 character problem worked out.

> Mediacapture-main Issues
> ========================
> #246 track.applyConstraints() doesn't do anything. (jan-ivar)
> No response from Jan-Ivar. Reassign?

Dan will take a stab at it, and hope that Jan-Ivar will review.

> #267 Permission model for cross-origin iframes (adam-be)
> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (adam-be)
> Adam - status? Suggestions for progress?

Adam will try to write something RSN.

> #288 Dealing with LC-3019 "WebIDL compilability in template" (burnburn)
> Close after merging #306?

Will close when #306 lands.

> #296 How to handle known but unsupported constraints (adam-be)
> Adam - you were to review the text to see if it's OK?

Will close when #307 lands.

> #304 gUM firing repeatedly for the same page load (stefhak)
> Someone doesn't like Firefox' choices, and Firefox asks for more
> functionality.
> Seems wrong to me - what do others think?

Likely not a spec bug; UA choice. List discussion.

> #305 Use permissions API model for describing permissions? (alvestrand)
> This is tracking my permissions PR.

No action at the moment.

> Webrtc-PC PRs
> =============
> #317 Make RTCDataChannels Transferable (stefhak)
> Stefan - status?

Still hard to get responses from EKR/Randell.
Many like it, but nobody does the work....

> #434 Change setParameters call to be Async  (fluffy)

Waiting for fluffy to say that alvestrand can take over.

> #443 Updating build configuration (dontcallmedom)
> Waiting for Dom.
>
> #445 Make DataChannels Transferable and explain the implications (stefhak)
> See #317
>
> #447 Add contribution guidelines (adam-be)
> Seems good to me. Merge?

The current instructions only work in an Unix environment.
Adam will remove step 2 (Automatic). Will also add the same instructions
to mediacapture-main with automatic verification, but without JSEP.

> #452 Make replaceTrack() handle "not sending yet" case (fixes: #4
> (alvestrand)
> Comments.

Comments fixed. Merged.

> #454 Add contributing source voice activity flag (aboba)
> Name has been changed. Merge?

Merged.

> #455 Parsing stun/turn URLs ()
> Seems good.

Merged.

> #456 SDP changes between the createOffer and setLocalDescription ()
> Seems good.

The issue of "which error" is raised as #479.
Merged.

> #459 Add non-normative ICE state transitions (aboba)
> Discussion still open?

Discussion still open. LIkely next interim.

> #460 getRemoteCertificates() behavior in "new" and "connecting" s ()
> Comments.

Comments fixed. Merged.

> #462 Add PeerConnection.activeSender() and update early media exa ()
> Travis doesn't like it.
> (Ran out of time for agenda-build-time PR bashing at this point.)

pthatcher must fix.

> #463 Add more explicit language about transceivers, MIDs and roll ()

Waiting for response to comment.

> #464 Re-add RTCRtpTransceiverInit.sendEncodings ()

There may be a conflict on the active flag (set from multiple places);
Aboba will raise an issue to track that.

> #465 Use ErrorEvent as interface for events emitted by RTCDataCha ()

Merged. Dan will have to look over it anyway.

> #466 Use an enum to describe directionality of RTP Stream ()

Another attack of the SDP syntax. List discussion and pthatcher's review
needed.

> #467 Use enum for voiceActivityDetection ()

Grumble.

> #468 Replace DOMError with DOMException ()

Assigned to Dan as part of the errors walkthrough.

> #469 Reject changes to peerIdentity and certificates in setConfig ()

Merged.

> #470 Remove remaining pseudo-static notations ()
> #471 Use enum for RTCDataChannel’s ordered attribute ()
> #472 Update error reports to align with existing DOM Errors ()
> #474 RTCIceTransport.component when RTP/RTCP mux is in use ()

Merged.

> #475 Definition of Active for an RTCRtpReceiver ()

Rest skipped - at top of hour.