Re: Agenda, January 7

Den 07. jan. 2016 13:26, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> Happy 2016, everyone!
> Let's make this the Year of the CR!
>
> Again, you have 2 hours to add stuff that isn't on the agenda yet :-)
>
> Overarching items:
> ==================
> Next week's virtual interim (Erik?)

Nothing found that's obviously missing.

We'll use Hangouts on Air with recording (intra-Google).
Minute-taking: Other WGs have had success with hiring minute-takers.
The chairs need to think about this ....

> Mediacapture Pulls
> ======================
> #301 getSupportedConstraints(): Remove prose about dictionary mem ()
>
> Travis sez: Yo No 80 Column Wrap?

Discussion of guidelines for maintaining wrapping. Adam needs to update
the guidelines to match what Dom said we should do when the 80-column
check was introduced.
Both Dom and Adam are not very happy - but we'll try this for now.
Once Travis shuts up, Adam will submit.

> Mediacapture Issues
> ===================
> #244 Explain how extensions are to be done (burnburn)
> PR #297 is merged. Can we close this, or update the bug with what more's
> needed?

Closed. Stefan will reach out to Nigel and say "We think it's fin enow".

> #246 track.applyConstraints() doesn't do anything. (burnburn)
> Should be fixable.  Dan?

Pinging jan-ivar to see if he wants to volunteer.

> #267 Permission model for cross-origin iframes (adam-be)
> Waiting for response from the permissions authors for the overall model.
> The double-key idea is on their radar. Adam?

Adam will make a PR for double keying.

> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (adam-be)
> List discussion - repoke now that holidays are over?

Not an editors team discussion. Back to the list.

Waiting for feedback from @adam-be.

> #293 Is there any sense in having defaults for SupportedCapabilit (adam-be)
> PR exists; Jan-Ivar likes the defaults, and they don't seem to conflict
> with advice to avoid true defaults.

Will close when PR merges.

> #296 How to handle known but unsupported constraints (burnburn)
> Can we draw a conclusion?

Capabilities are "I understand this identifier", not "I can do something
with this feature" (echoCancellation, only "false" supported, being the
typical example).
The text still sounds strange. Adam will take another look.

> #298 Consider merging ErrorEvent definition with Media Stream Rec
> (alvestrand)
> Intending to close as "no change needed to this spec"

Will check with miguel then close.

> Webrtc-PC Pulls
> ===============
> #317 Make RTCDataChannels Transferable (stefhak)
> Seems complementary to #445 - they don't change the same text.

More work from EKR & Jesup needed.

> #434 Change setParameters call to be Async  (fluffy)
> I didn't get a response to my comment...

Needs submitter action. Jan interim topic.

> #439 Complete security considerations based on security questionn (aboba)
> Review needed. Improvement, but I keep finding issues while glancing.

Dom fixed the issues 2 hours ago.
Merging.

> #443 Updating build configuration ()
> Dom will have to look at this.
>
> #445 Make DataChannels Transferable and explain the implications ()
> Annevk seems to think more text is needed.

See above. Assigned to stefan (with 317).

> #446 non-nullable RTCTrackEvent args means Init dict members are  ()
> Probably OK. We're firmly committed to needing "required" by now.

Merged.

> #447 Add contribution guidelines to README ()
> Agree with the idea to use CONTRIBUTING.md, I think.
> Also need to mention the membership checking bot.

Adam will update (for the linewrap) and then merge.
We'll copy it over to mediacapture-main once we're happy with it.

> #448 Use updated reference to WebIDL-1 ()
> OK?

Merged.

> #449 Clarify flow of SDP exchanges ()
> OK?

Merged.

> #451 Clean up event handler attribute descriptions (fixes:  #383) ()
> Looks good?

Merged.

New work since the agenda came out:

#452 Make replaceTrack() handle "not sending yet" case

Harald to review. Adam will add a description with the corresponding bug#.

#453 Fixes for WebIDL bugs

Merged

#454 Contributing source voice activity flag

List and interim discussion needed.

> Webrtc-PC Issues
> ================
> Assignments needed from #338. Some have been assigned as part of the lead-in
> to the virtual interim.
>
> #133 Streams that become isolated generate errors on PC ()
> #140 DataChannel.onerror callback needs an error argument specifi (burnburn)
> #142 "Hold" unspecified (aboba)
> #150 when closing, all outstanding actions are cancelled and thei (adam-be)
> #179 Potentially private IP addresses revealed (alvestrand)
> #227 .mid attribute - random or Null when MID is not present in S (stefhak)
> #230 Add support for WebRTC Data Channel in Workers ()
> #244 set{Local|Remote}Description is underspecified (alvestrand)
> #246 RTCIceCandidate's sdpMid and sdpMLineIndex members (adam-be)
> #253 Assurance that requests to IdP proxy originate from the user
> (martinthomson)
> #257 ICE Candidate should have accessors for protocol-relevant it
> (alvestrand)
> #265 Add Privacy/security review questions (dontcallmedom)
> #286 The "consumer of the session description” conflicts with ter (adam-be)
> #295 Guidance for extending objects vs extending Stats needed (alvestrand)
> #296 Debugging ICE problems needs more info (aboba)
> #305 Describe what happens when media changes (fluffy)
> #308 RTCRtpSender.get/setParameters is underspecified (fluffy)
> #316 Don't use Interface.attribute to refer to properties of inst (adam-be)
> #319 Work through error definitions (burnburn)
> #330 Get rid of RTCAnswerOptions? (stefhak)
> #331 Creating an ICE agent is not defined (adam-be)
> #332 Timing of ICE gathering  (adam-be)
> #335 DOMError is removed from the platform; use DOMException inst (adam-be)
> #336 No definition of "applying an ICE candidate" (adam-be)
> #337 Interfacing between WebRTC spec and JSEP (aboba)
> #338 specify what parts of the SDP can be changed between the cre ()

Assigned to aboba.

> #339 Parsing stun/turn URLs ()

Aboba.

> #363 m-line match up doesn't work with RtpSender.mid or RtpTransc
> (pthatcherg)
> #364 Browser calls close() on failed rollback ()
> #369 addTrack's streams parameter is unused. (adam-be)
> #370 Add drop option for RTCDegradationPreference  ()
> #373 peerIdentity and certificates are unused in setConfiguration
> (dontcallmedom)
> #375 true as default values for dictionary is bad practice (martinthomson)
> #382 Rejecting unallowed changes to configuration (dontcallmedom)
> #383 Keep event handler attribute descriptions simle (don't speci (adam-be)
> #388 Section 10.1 (Simple Peer-to-peer Example) should explicitly
> (dontcallmedom)
> #389 Should have a "closed" RTCPeerConnectionState (pthatcherg)
> #391 Remove DTMF tones A-D (aboba)
> #406 impact of bundle and rtcp-mux on the number of Transports (aboba)
> #412 Framerate knob for simulcast (aboba)
> #413 Describe what happens to transceivers at rollback (pthatcherg)
> #415 Add activateSender() method (pthatcherg)
> #427 No reference to where TypeError is defined  ()
> #438 How should replaceTrack() behave with an "unused" sender (adam-be)

Links to PR #452.