Notes, December 15

On 12/15/2016 02:27 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> In a rush.
>
> Today I got a query about a change we merged December 1 (removing the
> old stats dictionaries); this indicates that pushing out a new draft
> would be helpful. (We're sending out an Intent to Ship on the new stats
> on Chrome.)
Dan is now taking on a chair role in the Verifiable Claims WG.
Stefan has sent out a draft summary of conclusions from the VI.

> Mediacapture-main
> =================
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #395 Mark the Implementation Suggestions as non-normative. (burnburn)
>
> Status?
Dan will work this out.

> #411 Add User Experience requirements section describing permiss (burnburn)
>
> I don't see an update after jan-ivar's "I'll do that" 8 days ago. Merge
> and fix later?
Replaced by #421, so closed.

> #421 Add Privacy Indicator Requirements ()
>
> I think we should merge this, despite ekr's misgivings.
Merged.

> Issues
> ------
Lots closed due to #421 merge.
> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (stefhak)
Stefan has started on the PR, but it's not easy.
#394 is a spinoff, so it makes sense to do that first.
> #380 Define restrictions on device-info permission. (alvestrand)
Dependent(?) on PR #131 on the Permissions spec. Review needed.
> #384 Should we use [EnforceRange] on min/max in constraints? (aboba)
> #385 ConstrainLong only concern positive values (aboba)
> #386 What does "getSettings" return? (alvestrand)
> #387 Reinstate strong language on permission ending when tracks  (stefhak)
> #389 Camera light and "disabled" tracks ()
> #390 Clearly mark the "Implementation Suggestions" section as no (burnburn)
> #394 Browser's ability to dynamically change settings mistakenly (burnburn)
PR in progress.
> #396 Explanation of "advanced" constraint sets is confusing (burnburn)
> #400 Add text to extensibility for consumer of MST (burnburn)
> #404 Revive createObjectURL? (stefhak) - icebox
> #409 Clarify behavior of using unrelated constraints (alvestrand)
> #414 Devicechange events when not focus - permitted or forbidden (ShijunS)
> #417 result of enumerateDevices when there is no origin (ShijunS)
Closed, no change needed.

Dan will get a new version out.

> WebRTC-PC
> =========
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #624 Upscale allowed (fluffy)
>
> No news.
>
> #776 Support for OAuth in TURN credentials (Issue 714 patch) ()
>
> misi has done more work. Suggest we wait a bit.
Stefan will followup with Justin's emailed responses.

> #819 Trickle ufrag in ICE candidate events ()
>
> I think this is abandoned in favor of #968. Close?
Closed.

> #850 Add Error Object  (aboba)
>
> Bernard was assigned to munge this last week. Any progress?
Not yet.

> #953 Fixes for Hold Examples ()
>
> Header says "hold for review". Was VI topic. Merge?
Changes suggested at VI. Hold.

> #968 Add ufrag to IceCandidate, and use IceCandidate for end-of- ()
>
> Needs responses to foolip's review. Give time, or merge-and-fix?
Bernard will merge when conversation is done.

> #969 Make candidate argument in RTCPeerConnection#addIceCandidat ()
>
> Minor fix, marking nullable was an IDL error. Reasons to merge after #968.
Fixed by #968 in current form; will close if #969 continues to fix it.

> #970 setParameters cannot add or remove simulcast encodings ()
Merged.

> LGTM
>
> Issues
> ------
> #295 Guidance for extending objects vs extending Stats needed (alvestrand)
> #305 Describe what happens when media changes (fluffy)
> #526 NetworkError event is not defined and might not be needed (aboba)
Covered by #850, Bernard to close
> #555 Sort out requirements around IdpLoginError (martinthomson)
> #578 Need to specify precisely when MID generation happens (aboba)
Related to #787
> #579 Congruenting about "The negotiation-needed flag is cleared  (aboba)
> #655 Update JSEP reference to 5.8 (burnburn)
> #661 Add informative table of all things that can cause negotiat (burnburn)
> #671 Processing remote MediaStreamTracks without MediaStreams in
> (alvestrand)
> #687 Clarify reasoning behind and mitigation of privacy issues ( (stefhak)
> #688 Indicators of usage and data flow (PING review) (stefhak)
> #690 Information available prior to permission prompt (PING revi (stefhak)
> #705 Missing sender identifier attribute (msid) (stefhak)
Closed.
> #709 offerToReceiveAudio/offerToReceiveVideo remain in implement (aboba)
> #714 STUN/TURN OAuth token auth parameter passing (aboba)
> #723 Need JSEP reference for end-of-candidates indication (burnburn)
> #726 Add a ufrag attribute to the RTCIceCandidate structure to i (aboba)
> #729 RTCStats timestamp source ambiguous (alvestrand)
> #746 Need to specify what happens if `createDataChannel` is call (aboba)
Harald has commented.
> #760 Figure out backward-compatible way to indicate ufrag+mid on (aboba)
> #763 Handling of simulcast errors (aboba)
> #787 Integrate RTCRtpTransceiver into set local/remote steps ()
"For example" is not a perfect description of the problem :-(
Waiting until end of January (when Adam is back) looks slow.
It might be the best solution still.
> #788 Clean up remaining uses of 'set of receivers' ()
3 occurences left to do. Dependent on #787.
> #795 Specify when a data channel's ID is assigned, and what the  ()
Assigned to Taylor to make a PR based on TPAC discussion....

> #801 Description of User Agent/ICE Agent interactions in section ()
> #822 Need IDP Load Error ()
> #823 Need IDP Script Error  ()
> #825 Need IDP Invalid Token  ()
> #826 Need IDP Expired Token error  ()
> #827 Need IDP Code failed ()
> #828 Need IDP TImeOut error  ()
> #829 Need Fingerprint mismatch error  ()
> #830 Need Custom Error for IdP  ()
> #831 Define how long should the IdP timeout timer should be  (martinthomson)
> #842 Define JSEP terms like "bundle" and "bundle-policy" in term (burnburn)
> #845 "Throw a FooError" steps not written in a consistent manner (aboba)
> #849 Specify an AllowUnverifiedMedia RTCConfiguration property  (alvestrand)
> #857 The RTCPeerConnectionIceErrorEvent constructor should have  (aboba)
> #876 How to properly manage TrackEvent or provide the current Ad (stefhak)
Closed as "no proposed action, no required action".
> #881 Align getAlgorithm return value with Web Crypto ()
Asking foolip if he can take on a pR.
> #921 currentRemoteDescription.sdp -- does it need to match the l (aboba)
> #923 CaptureStream adds mediaTracks with delay, we need a callba ()
Wrong spec. Closing.
> #924 Remove legacy getStats API? ()
Consensus to remove at VI.
> #930 Ambiguous wording in addIceCandidate ()
Asking Taylor to make a PR if required
> #932 Should IDP Login error cary the idpLoginUrl  (martinthomson)
> #941 STUN/TURN Auto Discovery handling (stefhak)
> #942 Meta: auto-publish changes to the spec ()
> #945 sender.setParameters():  Changing simulcast parameters? (aboba)
> #950 Change SetLocalDescription to require unchanged offer/answe (aboba)
> #952 Section 5.4.1: Hold Examples ()
> #954 Receive a track multiple times ()
Closed as "no change needed".
> #959 Advanced Peer-to-peer Example (aboba)
> #961 Effect of a BYE on RtpReceiver.track (aboba)
> #962 Event when a transceiver is stopped via remote action (aboba)
> #964 Handing SDP with more than one identity  (martinthomson)

Timing on releases:

- A couple of PRs are in "merge ready" state (#968 and #850). #968 would
be really good to have merged.

- Dan will try to do mediastreams Friday

- Bernard will report status by the end of Friday

- Dan will get to the webrtc-pc doc soon after that.