Re: Agenda, August 25

> Agenda:
>
> - Merge what's finished from the interim on Tuesday
685/759: Summary is wrong - it's offering to receive that doesn't have a
control surface.
We should be explicit that asking for "too many" will cause an error,
and "too many" may be 2.

Errors from setParameters is a new issue. SetParameters is async. But
errors from setParameter are kind of hard to get right too.
Bernard will raise a new issue for that.
759 is merged.

714/740: Discussion ongoing on issue. PR is OBE, closed.

720/738: Remains open.

727/757 (ufrag attribute) - Cullen added a comment saying what needs to
be done, but it isn't done.
Waiting for Cullen.

732/758 ended track replaced - the PR is right, but there might be
something more general that needs to be said about what an RTPSender
does when a track ends. Adam will file an issue.
Merged.

All others are waiting for others' actions (PR or discussion).

> - Assign responsibility for what we can work on based on the interim
> decisions
>
> - Go through the usual
>

> Mediacapture-main
> =================
> Pull requests
> -------------
>
> Issues
> ------
> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (stefhak)
>
> No sign of clarity from the larger Web community, I'm afraid.
We can close this issue for our spec (no change needed) - but it's just
a reminder that implementations still can't implement based on specs, so
we're leaving it open.

> #350 New permission definitions are wrong. (alvestrand)
>
> Discussions ongoing, that's all I can say.
>
> #360 Specify relation between return from getConstraints and cons (burnburn)
> #371 Privacy issue with media capture and fingerprinting room aco (burnburn)
In the queue.
> #380 Remove redundant list-devices permission. ()
>
> I think Jan-Ivar and I are close to agreeing that this isn't the right
> thing.
>
> #382 'allowusermedia' not defined ()
Depending on 268.
> #384 Should we use [EnforceRange] on min/max in constraints? ()
we seem to be OK with [EnforceRange].
> #385 ConstrainLong only concern positive values ()
Unsigned seems reasonable (probably). It's a case-by-case thing.
Asking Dom for a PR might be reasonable.
> #386 What does "getSettings" return? ()
Answers have been coming from the discussion.
The decision seems to be that we get what selectSettings concluded with.
Assigned to Harald.

> WebRTC-PC
> =========
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #624 Upscale allowed (fluffy)
>
> No consensus on whether it's necessary. Next steps?
Stefan has commented.

> #738 Getting the fingerprint of an RTCCertificate ()
>
> Was decided, then re-opened based on more info
>
> #740 STUN/TURN OAuth token auth parameter handover (aboba)
>
> Still discussing.
>
> #745 Add steps to createOffer and explicitly specify what is queu (jan-ivar)
Changes behavior of close-check slightly (more in line with Firefox).
After merge, addIceCandidate needs slight tuning (done in #762).
> #750 RTCIdentityProviderGlobalScope needs Exposed attributes ()
Merged.
> #752 Add steps to createAnswer and explicitly specify what is que ()
Behavior change: Explicit that you error out if no remote description
exists.
Merged.
> #756 Integrate queueing into the setLocal/RemoteDescription steps ()
Not ready yet.

#762 (close check fix for addIceCandidate) merged.

> Issues
> ------
> #295 Guidance for extending objects vs extending Stats needed (alvestrand)
> #296 Debugging ICE problems needs more info (aboba)
> #305 Describe what happens when media changes (fluffy)
> #337 Interfacing between WebRTC spec and JSEP (burnburn)
> #526 NetworkError event is not defined and might not be needed (adam-be)
> #551 Errors when identifying a m-line in addIceCandidate() (adam-be)
> #554 We never fire the 'connectionstatechange' event (adam-be)
> #555 Sort out requirements around IdpLoginError (martinthomson)
> #561 Normatively cite webrtc-stats for sections 8.x (alvestrand)
> #566 Separate sender and receiver sets are unnecessary when we ha (burnburn)
> #578 Need to specify precisely when MID generation happens (adam-be)
> #579 Congruenting about "The negotiation-needed flag is cleared w (adam-be)
> #600 Operations queue: What is run synchronously before the opera (adam-be)
> #645 public negotiation-needed flag as readonly (adam-be)
> #655 Update JSEP reference to 5.8 (burnburn)
> #661 Add informative table of all things that can cause negotiati (burnburn)
> #671 Processing remote MediaStreamTracks without MediaStreams inf
> (alvestrand)
> #678 Support assertions that identify the recipient (martinthomson)
> #685 Update JSEP reference for receipt of multiple RTP encodings (aboba)
> #687 Clarify reasoning behind and mitigation of privacy issues (P (stefhak)
> #688 Indicators of usage and data flow (PING review) (stefhak)
> #690 Information available prior to permission prompt (PING revie (stefhak)
Dom has promised to comment on the PING issues.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.