Notes, Sept 24 2015

On 09/24/2015 12:25 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> 1) Admin items
>
> Targets. What do we need to push out, and when?
> Result:
> - Target date for next getusermedia
Can be pushed at any time. Should be pushed again, let's do it after the
meeting.
Dan volunteered to do it Friday (and check with Cullen).
> - Target date for next webrtc-pc
One next week and one more before TPAC.
> Both of these may be in terms of conditions for pushing rather than a
> specific date.
>
> Reflowing. Each commit, or occasionally by the editors? (the Martin offer)
Let's put Martin's suggestion into practice on the mediacapture spec.
It's relatively stable.

For webrtc-pc, we're not doing changes to procedures before TPAC (but
need a tidy!)

> 2) Webrtc-PC PRs
>
> #242 Remove SyntaxError on malformed ICE candidate (Stefan)
> OBE if #302 is merged. Otherwise OK.
Merged.

> #256 Fix prose on getStats() (adam-be)
> Ready?
Merged.

> #266 Tidy up setLocal/Remote (adam-be)
> Needs review of the new attempt, I think
Another review from Martin and Peter needed.

> #273 Add a bunch of fields
> Reviewed by Jan-Ivar, updated. Needs rebase. Ready?
Adam will take care of merging.

> #280 Add extra Icetransports read-only attributes
> Reviewed by dom, fixes applied. Needs rebase. Ready?
Adam will take care of merging.

> #284 Add .onicecandidateerror (dom)
> travis was OK after re-run. Ready?
Merged.

> #291 Add PeerConnection.connectionState
> Discussion has taken place on list. Ready?
Seems ready. Adam will rebase and merge.

> #293 Add RTCRtpTransceiver and PeerConnection.addMedia
> Might want more text and examples in it. List review still needed?
More text needed - comment added.

> #298 Add codec reordering and removal
> Comments addressed. Adam?
Merged.

> #300 add API to get SSRC and audio levels
> Still waiting for time to settle. Also, needs rebase.
Not ready. Waiting for definition of time.

> #301 fix RTCStatsReport with object and maplike instead of getter
> Last comment is "Let me try to rewrite it", so waiting.
>
> #302 Removing interface use for RTCSessionDescription and RTCIceCandidate
> I personally dislike this, but I don't seem to have support.
Adam inspects and merges.

> #307 Fix broken RTCPeerConnection's operation array
> To be considered together with #314
The PRs are now very small and seem to be converging.
Waiting for discussion to settle among the 2 parties.

> #311 Fixing syntax for required RTCCertificate arguments
> Merge, I think.
Merged.

> #313 Fix markup bugs spotted by tidy
> Another argument for "tidy them all"....
Merged.

> #314 Update the operations queue to handle promises....
> See #307 discussion
See 307

> #315 Reorganize travis setup to use centralized check script (dom)
> Not yet ready for discussion, it seems.
Not ready.

> 3) Getusermedia PRs
>
> #211 Allow device capabilities to be discoverable
> I think Joe has an opinion on the right way forward, and must execute
> before merge.
Submitter action needed

> #235 Remove static like definitions
> Jan-Ivar had lots of problems 19 hours ago. Needs update?
Submitter action needed.

> #239 getUserMedia TypeError on no types
> Merge?
Merged.

> #240 groupId is origin-unique
> Merge?
Merged.

> #241 Reference WebIDL-1
> Merge? (Does this leave us with dangling syntax bits for newer parts of
> WebIDL, or not?)
Merged. We trust Dom.

> #245 appllyConstraints arg optional
> Merge? (needed because Constraints and MediaTrackConstraints can be empty)
Merged.

> #247 Unused candidates in SelectSettings
> Fix looks good to me. Merge?
Merged.

> 4) Getusermedia issues list
>
> We've allowed this to grow again. Only looking at the ones without an
> assignee.
> We should have an assignee with the responsibility of either drafting a
> PR or provoking a debate.
> (chairs are good debate-provokers. Editors should be responsible for PR
> creation.)
>
> (We're probably running short of time at this point.)
>
> #222 Clarify whether groupId is origin-unique - I think PR #240 fixes this
Fixed.

> #236 API to expose the angle of view of a camera - enhancement
We're not doing this at this time.

> #237 step 5 in clone algorithm
Dan.

> #242 Management of track members in a stream
Assigned to Bernard - Adam will make some comments.

> #243 Confusing typo in sources  and sinks
Dan.

> #246 track.applyConstraints() doesn't do anything
We're stopping here.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.