Re: Agenda, June 18

> Sorry for being late with the agenda....
>
> Overarching items:
>
> - Status of charter
> - Erik Lagerway as new co-chair
>
> Mediacapture-main
> ============
> Last Call status: Dom has sent out a lot of the LC responses, approx 5
> awaiting action by the chairs.
> We need another editors' draft here soon - can we just emit one?
> (after the error fixes?)
Dom wants a new ed's draft to point to for the LC responses - he hasn't
sent them yet.

There's another outstanding update in order for the Error changes to be
complete - changing the type of the Error event so that it does the
right thing. Early next week is probably the earliest this PR can be pushed.
Target date: Thursday of next week.

> Pull requests:
>
> #171 HTML 5.1 reference - stefhak working on it
Stefan updating in response to Adam's comments.
> #181 Remove text about firing event handlers - adam, dan: merge?
Waiting for #194 - needs revisiting after the error stuff is complete.

> #184-#188 Error changes / renames - zero comments from list - merge'em
> all?

Merged one, the rest will be rebased and merged by dan.

> #190 Remove detached source leftovers - adam, dan: merge?
Merged.
> #194 OverconstrainedError (hooray) - looks good to me (heroic effort
> to get straight!)

Needs review - domenic tagged.
> #195 Asynchronous -> in parallel - stpeter, any issues?
Merged.

> Issues:
>
> #118 Practical algorithm - total silence in response to list poke. Drop?
Closed due to lack of interest.
> #127 Timeout - still sleeping
> #161 Remove direct assignment - see #171
> #162 MediaStreamError - see #194, #184-188
> #173 Minimum length for deviceId - list discussion seems to favor
> removing special values

Closed issue. Filed https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-output/issues/19
to ask for the need for special values to go away.

> #176 Constrainable pattern should pass an IDL validator - assigned to
> Adam
Keeping it open. Not high priority.
> #180 Terminology -> in parallel - see #195
> #189 getUserMedia({}) shoudl be a TypeError - assignment?
> #191 Support zoom specifcation - was deemed in Boston to be too
> complex; close as "too late, suggest an extension spec"? (wrote comment)
> #192 Support setting focus - same
Let's wait for the filer to give a response.

> #193 How is adaptive frame rate to be handled?  - suggest closing
> after giving discussion time to pass.

Let's wait for Jan-Ivar's response.

> Other thoughts:
>
> I heard that the "on<event>" syntax in WebIDL is being deprecated -
> does this mean that some code will stop working, or is it just that
> it's specified in some other fashion?
> If we don't know what this means or how it impacts us, can we assign
> someone to find out?

We need to find the one who told us about this happening and get them to
explain it to us.
the "on<event>" style is DOM level 2, current style is DOM level 4?

Need advice here. Domenic?

> Webrtc-PC
> =======
> Note - travis started failing when dan pushed the update - error seems
> strange, tool update?
>
> Pull requests:
> #29 Mediadiscarded - still no takers? (stpeter?)
Haven't heard back from Martin or Cullen.
Peter will take a look at it.
> #222 Replace operations array with a chain - replaced by #236?
> #225 Support for pending and current SDP - suggest merging after JSEP
> call tonight
Adam has talked to Cullen about it. Some fixes applied by Cullen, Adam
added some more.
Adam will change Desc to Description.
If there's no important resolutions to do otherwise at the JSEP call
tonight, Adam will merge when ready.

> #228 QoS API - suggest closing if we merge #234
Closed.
> #229 Removing optionality from constructors - why was lsit discussion
> needed again?
Adam will merge this one and create an issue for the item left over.

> #234 RTCRtpParameters and friends - do we have good enough consensus
> to merge?
Merged. The chairs think that this represents the list consensus approach.

> #235 Modernize getStats - dan, merge?
Dan will look at this.

> # 236 Replace operations array with chain - stefan, you've looked at it?
Adam will take a look at it.

#237 RTCRtpSender.Replacetrack version 2

Needs to address Stefan's comments.
Note that says that there's no consensus on negotiation vs failure is in
the PR.

#238 Use HTTPS where possible

Ask submitter to stop messing with whitespace.

This was the end of the hour.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.