Notes, December 10

Den 10. des. 2015 15:14, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> Overarching issues:
>
> <none>
>
> Mediacapture-Main Pull requests:
>
> #277 Reformat with enforced line wrap at 80 ()
> Still unlandable. Assigned to Dom.
>
> #284 Clarify that constraint in overconstrainederror is defined i (burnburn)
> Seems reasonable?

Dan has a suggested text (18 mins ago).
Dan will apply his fix and merge it (manual merge).

> #286 Fix facingMode in Capabilities example ()
> Merge-time?

Merged.

> #289  Fix constraint description and add capabilty description fo ()
> Looks right to me. Question is really a new issue.
> (I raised a related issue as #293 after reading this)

Merged. Adam will raise an issue about constraints that are known but
not supported - does it make sense to report them? What about in
capabilities / settings?

> #290 Use single double instead of same max and min for the aspect ()
> LGTM

Merged.

> #291 Remove MediaStream active/inactive events (fixes: #283) ()
> LGTM. Nice example!

Merged.

> Mediacapture-main Issues:
>
> #244 Explain how extensions are to be done (burnburn)
> New text has been out for a week, not much feedback, what I've seen is
> positive. PR?

Dan is working on the PR.

> #246 track.applyConstraints() doesn't do anything. (burnburn)
> Jan-Ivar seems MIA. Dan?

Dan will work on it (after extensibility)

> #248 Conflicting information about OverconstrainedError.constrain (burnburn)
> OK after #284?

Can be closed when #284 is merged.

> #267 Permission model for cross-origin iframes (adam-be)
> Double-keying (top level + iframe origin) seems to be the preferred option.

Waiting for resolution with webappsec

> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (adam-be)
> Are we closer to a resolution?

No news, really.

> #283  Active state spec inconsistencies (adam-be)
> Cleared by #291

Closed.

> #288 Dealing with LC-3019 (burnburn)
> "If you can't compile what we write, it's because the compiler can't do
> what we want". Dan?

No update.

> #292 How is an implementation expected to scale video? ()
> Don't think this is a spec matter, but want to check that others also
> think so.

Closing for the TF, there might be an encoding issue.

> #293 Is there any sense in having defaults for SupportedCapabilities?
> My opinion is clear :-)

Adam will take a look at the WebIDL spec.

> Webrtc-PC Pull requests
>
> We'll have to wing it through these - I'm too behind :-)
>
> #317 Make RTCDataChannels Transferable (stefhak)

Still waiting for EKR. Poked Jesup.

> #407 Bringing back the RTCIceCandidate interface, with 'init' dic (adam-be)

Merged. Adam will s/InvalidParameter/TypeError as a separate step.

> #416 RTCRtpSender.replaceTrack() fixes ()

Fine as far as it goes. More issues need raising.

> #419 fix setParameters invalid webidl ()

Merged. The semantics of calling setParameters with an empty parameters
dictionary seems unlikely to let it succeed, though.

> #421 Require sdp in RTCSessionDescription{,Init} ()

Merged.

> #422 Remove confusing paragraph on fourth party interception ()

Merged, per list discussion.

> #423 Add specific references to JSEP where possible ()

Merged. Now let's see how it goes.

> #424 Distinguish states from their attribute representation ()

Looks good, but has conflicts. Adam will merge.

> #425 Refer to definition of networking task source ()

Looks good, Adam will merge.

> #428 Don't create a default stream in 'dispatch a receiver' steps ()

Merged.

> #429 Adding expires attribute to generateCertificate. ()

Merged.

> #430 Add maxFramerate knob for simulcast ()

Merged. Lots of "up to the implementation" here.

> #431 Clarification for getRemoteCertificates() ()

Aboba will find a reference for "DER encoding" that doesn't suck...

> #432 Update RTCIceTransportPolicy ()

We'll take this change. It's a TypeError-breaker when you send "public"
to a browser that doesn't understand it, which is Not a Good Thing.
Would be better to change the API to take a DOMString "with values from
the enum", that we do in a few other places.

#433 Use unsigned long ssrc in stats

Merged. We'll deal with webrtc-stats separately.

Top of the hour. We might start assigning bugs by fiat instead of
waiting to get to them...