Re: Community Telcon Agenda, 20 September 2014

A quick update, no formal minutes.

Renoir, Paul, Eliot and myself were on the call.  We decided that wasn't
quorum for making policy decisions, but we updated on ongoing work.

Paul's update on the Oct 8 Amsterdam DocSprint:

   - As discussed in a separate email thread [1], he will be encouraging
   people to focus on moving "Almost Ready" pages to "Ready to Use".  In
   particular, they will focus on HTML pages first.

   - Formal registration so far has been disappointing.  If you know anyone
   in the Amsterdam web development community, or who will be heading to
   Amsterdam for the Fronteers conference, please help get the word out about
   WPD and the DocSprint.  There is a blog post with all the details:
   http://blog.webplatform.org/2014/09/2nd-doc-sprint-in-amsterdam/

   - Paul is fairly confident he has everything else under control.  Renoir
   will try to be available for additional tech support, as much as time zones
   allow.

Renoir's update on infrastructure work:

   - He has been working on creating a new staging server to test
   infrastructure updates.  Domain name and security certificates are in
   place, and he expects to get a proper mirror install of all software going
   soon.

   - Once that's ready, the first test will be of the updated Annotations
   comment system, plus the single-sign-on (SSO) which will allow you to use
   the same login for both the wiki and annotations.  Renoir is still working
   on the SSO, there were some problems with the password reset feature.

   - Compatibility tables rollout seems to be going well.  If you discover
   a page with no data or incorrect data, and you are fairly certain there
   should be data from the MDN import, use the links on the page to the github
   issue tracker.

   - The work Renoir is doing on getting stable mirror installs of all
   software and a clearly defined build process will also enable a better
   workflow for fixing things like bad CSS, such as the problem with readiness
   markers and small screens.  The end goal is that anyone will be able to
   propose a fix through a github pull request, and will also be able to
   create a local testing copy of the public data and software.

[1]:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webplatform/2014Sep/0072.html

P.S.  To Paul.  Here's a search page to get you started with the
HTML/Almost Ready pages.  The help page is
http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Semantic_search.  Note that
Category has a single ':', semantic properties use '::'.

http://docs.webplatform.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AAsk&q=%5B%5BCategory%3AHTML%5D+%5D%5B%5BState%3A%3AAlmost+Ready%5D%5D&po=%3FState+Details%0D%0A&eq=yes&p%5Bformat%5D=broadtable&sort_num=&order_num=ASC&p%5Blimit%5D=&p%5Boffset%5D=&p%5Blink%5D=all&p%5Bsort%5D=&p%5Bheaders%5D=show&p%5Bmainlabel%5D=&p%5Bintro%5D=&p%5Boutro%5D=&p%5Bsearchlabel%5D=%E2%80%A6+further+results&p%5Bdefault%5D=&p%5Bclass%5D=sortable+wikitable+smwtable&eq=yes