Accounts server & Legal documents

From: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 23:53:12 -0400
To: List Team Webplatform Admin <team-webplatform-admin@w3.org>,List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Hi all

I was wondering if somebody could help me prepare a set of legalese documents we publish about our site and practices for our upcoming accounts system.

Basically all I need is a few text files in a github repository similar to what Mozilla did in Firefox Accounts ("FxA") [0] that we will be using.

I agree its not a priority by itself because I managed to change the terms in the notices  [3] -- If you see Mozilla, i'll fix it of course-- but the URIs [1][2] will remain better put our own stuff.

I'm saying this because the default behavior of the new accounts system will use Mozilla's contracts and I thought we should use the same mechanism but for to put our own.

Volunteers?

NOTE: Accounts [3] aren't migrated yet (!) all data in FxA will be replaced by our current wiki  users.

  [0] https://github.com/mozilla/legal-docs
  [1] https://accounts.webplatform.org/legal/terms
  [2] https://accounts.webplatform.org/en-us/legal/privacy
  [3] https://accounts.webplatform.org/signup
--
Renoir Boulanger | Developer operations engineer
W3C | webplatform.org

http://w3.org/people/#renoirbhttps://renoirboulanger.com  ✪  @renoirb
~