Re: WebPlatform static pages are now on GitHub!

I just rearranged the static-sites repository to contain what should live
at www.webplatform.org, with the main index.html home page at the root
level of the repo. Really, the repo could be renamed "www.webplatform.org".

It's on a completely separate branch:
https://github.com/webplatform/static-pages/tree/home-page-redesign

I deleted the 'talk' directory completely, since it sounds like we won't be
using it anymore. I also renamed the 'webplatform' directory to
'_unknown_webplatform' to mark is as needing review and attention. Any
files that were in 'web platform', which I could clearly see should stay
around as is, I moved to the root level — for example, sitemaps,
robots.txt, the files for Google and Bing bots. What's left in
 'webplatform' is a mystery to me. We can't just drag those files to root
because they are linking to CSS and JS that's different than what I created
for the new home page. I don't know if it matters, I can't tell if those
pages are being used anymore. Or if other parts of the whole web platform
system are linking to files in this directory. Renoir, you'll need to sort
that out.

All of my work is at the root level — and consists of:

css
images
js
sass

.gitignore

apple-touch-icon.png
config.rb
index.html

All of those files (and the files inside the directories) are new and
needed for the new home page.

Let me know if you have any questions. We should launch as soon as we can.
I'll be working all day today and I'll be on a plane most of the day
tomorrow, checking email from my phone when I can. I know we want the new
home page to be online before Tuesday morning.

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Simmons
designer, consultant and speaker