Re: Onboarding new members

Hi Julee, I think this onboarding process is a great idea!

Well as I said in the call, when I signed up the list (in February of this
year), I felt a bit lost on the next steps. Also didn't know if was good
send an email introducing myself or if it was uncomfortable (afraid to spam
the list/bother people).

How Julee said, the ideal is in the confirmation email, will be really cool
to emphasize that the new member is welcome. And she/he is free to send an
email to the list introducing itself. Also in this confirmation email,
share the wiki links on how to start and how to contribute to the WPD
(list, irc, weekly calls etc).

Also I think when this process about "onboarding" get done, we can put it
in a wiki page to document these information (or is too much?).

Well, let's wait Renoir position about the confirmation email...

--
Atenciosamente,
Vanessa Me Tonini