Re: MediaWiki escape function

*You do not need to use any extra tags or HTML entities in example code*.
 The code is automatically included in Mediawiki <pre> blocks, which
handles this for you.  (see Template:Single Example
<http://docs.webplatform.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Single_Example&action=edit>
which
inserts the preformatting tags, and Mediawiki's Help:Formatting
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting> page)

Clearly, the instructions on the form need to be more clear.  My suggestion:

Raw example code (code will be escaped and syntax highlighting added
automatically)

I think the template is protected; I can make the change.

Be aware that the mark-up tags won't display properly in preview mode.
 This is a separate, Mediawiki bug, and happens regardless of whether or
not you escape the angle brackets yourself.

Sorry for the unnecessary extra work Rob!  Good approach, though, to come
up with a re-usable function to share with others.

AmeliaBR