Re: Extraneous pages and normative references

Great feedback Austin,

About the page for a non-existent method:

There are two possibilities in this situation.  One is simply that it was
misplaced when imported from MSDN.  The other is that the page is for a
non-standard Internet Explorer method.  In this case I think it's the
former, and since dom/HTMLCollection/item already exists, the duplicate
page can probably be marked for deletion (for now, that just means adding
an editorial note; although I'm starting to think there is a justification
to bring back the mark for deletion flag).

About page listings:

This is a known issue, the default table formatting is very bad.  It only
gets worse when there are numerous very long listings in a page.

I liked your solution, and have cleaned it up a bit:
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/dom

I've used the "Page Title" value, which is nearly always the interface
name.  I've also narrowed the query to only list pages that have a
wiki/dom/ file path.  Unfortunately, the "Category" output format doesn't
work properly when you sort by something other than the full page name, so
the alphabetical headers are also gone.

For those who want to compare, Austin's version is here:
http://docs.webplatform.org/w/index.php?title=dom&oldid=64112

The previous version, with the poorly formatted table, is here:
http://docs.webplatform.org/w/index.php?title=dom&oldid=44914

We should aim for a consistent look in all the top-level pages, so if
people like the stripped-down listings, then I second Austin's suggestion
that similar clean-ups should be applied to the top-level CSS, HTML and SVG
pages.

P.S.  I created a new template to get the listings to display the page
title as the link text instead of the full file path.  It will probably be
of use in cleaning up other areas where we've got verbose default page
listing tables.
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Template:Summary_List_Entry

AmeliaBR