Re: Formatting of html tags

Like I wrote, I am not sure it is a real issue.

While ease of editing is important, having properly structured and semantic
data can have much more use cases (internally and externally) and we need
to think about the balance. I think a lot of editors and content creators
do not even use <code> and instead just link to the element (or not) and do
not even include angle brackets. We should strive to be consistent,
comprehensive, future proof, semantic and structured. It may higher the
bar, but we end up with much more useful data.

Regarding your P.S. -
I tried using CSS quotes with other elements - it did not work.
data:text/html,<!doctype html><code style="quotes: '<' '>'">bla</code>
It just shows "bla".
(I mean, without adding pseudo elements manually)
Whatever is more semantic and correct - go for it. :)

Regarding the class name, I would actually pick "markup-tag-html" and not
just "markup-tag", again, in order to future proof the styling and
formatting in the future (or "markup-tag html", which could save a few CSS
lines) and in order to have better semantic difference between those in
case we want to do something else for every markup namespace (make HTML
blue, make SVG orange, add a bubble with HTML or SVG image or design and so
on).

☆*PhistucK*