Re: MDN Compat data project

From: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:34:50 -0500
Cc: List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>
To: Jeremie Patonnier <jeremie.patonnier@gmail.com>
Hi Jeremie,

Nice to “meet” you!  In case you don’t know, I’m the resident devops/developer for the webplatform project.

Let me give you some more context then.

To give some detail about where we are and complete what Doug just said, i’m going to give some more links.

Here are some interesting e-mails giving you what has been said:
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webplatform/2014Jan/0017.html
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webplatform-tests/2013OctDec/0000.html
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webplatform-tests/2013OctDec/0001.html
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webplatform-tests/2013OctDec/0034.html
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webplatform-tests/2013OctDec/0029.html

The current state is that we are 3 from webplatform that can work on this. Frozenice, Pat Tressel and myself.

Frozenice created a nodejs project which will scrape pages and get compat data.  The main part of what we have to do now is to create a generic data model that will be used for each source. MDN will be one of them. [0]  The spec was started by Ronald, but he decided to stop contributing with us.

Hope it sums it accurately.

  [0]: http://webplatform.github.io/browser-compat-model/

Regards,

Renoir Boulanger  |  Developer operations engineer
W3C  |  Web Platform Project

http://w3.org/people/#renoirbhttps://renoirboulanger.com/  ✪  @renoirb
~