From: David Gash [mailto:dgash@google.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:47 AM
To: public-webplatform@w3.org
Subject: mediawiki sub-pages question

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble viewing all sub-pages of a parent, and am tossing it out to the list for ideas.

Example: The dom<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/dom> top-level listing page contains this line of code:

{{Special:PrefixIndex/dom/}}

which presumably causes it to list everything under it, but the listing table only goes as far as "dom/HTMLElement/form", which is by no means the last dom-related page. At the bottom of the page, after the table ends, there is no "further results" or similar link with which to view more sub-pages.

The parent page should either list all the pages in one go or paginate them and provide a "more" link, yes? This help page<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Subpages> suggests using the {{FULLPAGENAME}} magic word in place of the literal page name (in this case, dom/); I tried that, but got the same result.

I don't know how to get the parent to display the rest of the sub-pages. Any info appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Gash