Re: Working upload

From: Julee Burdekin <jburdeki@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:06:25 -0800
To: Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com>, Eliezer Bernart <eliezer.bernart@gmail.com>
CC: Webplatform List <public-webplatform@w3.org>
My issue was that those fields were subsumed under “Remarks”. Eliezer & I talked about it on IRC. And he fixed my issue.

Thanks.

Julee
-------------------
Julee Burdekin
Content Strategist
Adobe Web Platform
@adobejulee
julee@adobe.com

From: Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com<mailto:maxpolk@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 5:39 AM
To: julee <jburdeki@adobe.com<mailto:jburdeki@adobe.com>>, Eliezer Bernart <eliezer.bernart@gmail.com<mailto:eliezer.bernart@gmail.com>>
Cc: WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Working upload

On 1/22/2014 4:57 PM, Julee Burdekin wrote:
Yeah, Max & Eliezer!

Question: I’m not understanding what the “manual section” is when you’re talking about when referring to the  ==Properties==, ==Functions==, ==Methods== sections. Why can’t these be their own sections, like the Examples or Remarks section?

Because you would need to create 37 templates.  Here are all the sections in all the JavaScript pages, and a count of how often they occur:

1  :  Adding a Data Property
1  :  Adding an Accessor Property
1  :  Adding Properties
1  :  Assignment Operators
1  :  Data Property Example
1  :  Directives
1  :  Error Types
1  :  Errors
1  :  Example 1
1  :  Example 2
1  :  Future reserved words
1  :  In This Section
1  :  Math Object Constants
1  :  Modifying a Data Property
1  :  Modifying a Property on a DOM Element
1  :  Modifying an Accessor Property
1  :  Modifying Properties
1  :  Number Object Constants
1  :  Objects
1  :  Operators
1  :  Related Reference
1  :  Related Sections
1  :  Reserved Keywords
1  :  Statements
1  :  Syntax
2  :  Arguments
2  :  Examples
8  :  Functions
11  :  Constants
20  :  Methods
21  :  Properties
22  :  Exceptions
72  :  Return Value
230  :  Parameters
249  :  See Also
269  :  Example
279  :  Remarks

Our plan had been to cover the heavy hitters (the last 5 or so) and have a secondary effort later to either hand edit or autoconvert the remaining sections into templates or fold them into something else.