"Home page" short term changes

From: Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:32:09 +0000
To: Julee <julee@adobe.com>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
In today's meeting, Julee mentioned that it would be goodness to make some initial changes to our home pages, in order to improve discoverability, navigation, etc.

First, I think that this is a great idea. I like acting on both short term and long term goals. Jen's mail [1] is a great start at identifying the pages and the goals for top-level landing pages in the long term, and I wonder-for the short term-what the pages are and where we see work:

*       Main landing page [http://www.webplatform.org/]

*       Docs landing page [http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Main_Page]

*       Editing landing page [http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Editors_Guide]

o   Request: Quick paragraph:Who should edit? (Eliot volunteers to write this)

*       Discussion landing page [http://talk.webplatform.org/]

*       Community landing page [http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community]

Which other pages should we look at in this undertaking?
What are the issues/requests on those pages
Is there an Issue created for the short term work?

Please note that I believe that whatever we do should dovetail into what Jen is doing wherever possible.

Thanks,

Eliot

PS. Please just tell me if this is off-base or unproductive and we'll ditch it immediately. :)

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webplatform/2014Jan/0061.html