Re: Error 503 Backend is unhealthy

From: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:49:39 -0300
Cc: List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>, Etienne Lachance <el@elcweb.ca>
To: Paul Verbeek <paul@webinthehat.com>
Hi Paul, all,

It seems traffic has resumed to what it was prior to the holidays.

Etienne (in CC) and myself (in vacation until next monday) checks regularly for the state and bring it up when we see it.

Etienne, a good friend of mine, should spend some time soon and have a fresh pair of eyes on the infrasturcture with us.

I hope Etienne can fix it, keep it up, and at least bring a few recommendations.

The way I see it, we might have to invest time improving the database cluster. Every time the “backends are unhealthy” is due to the database running out of available connections.

I also might have to get log analysis utility and a better monitoring system (current one doesn’t always warn me) when I get back from vacation.

Renoir
~