Re: Placing Tutorials (was Re: VTT authoring guide on Web Platform Docs?)

Also, I think we should really add a link to the spec at
http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/ . ;-)
And also to the community group at http://www.w3.org/community/texttracks/ .

If you're keen, feel free to add the following links, too:

* http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/track/basics/ - intro to text
tracks
* https://github.com/silviapfeiffer/WebVTT-with-regions - polyfill
experiments by editor
* http://wiki.webmproject.org/webm-metadata/temporal-metadata/webvtt-in-webm-
specification for embedding WebVTT into WebM
* http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-12 -
specification for using WebVTT as part of HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
*
http://concolato.wp.mines-telecom.fr/2013/07/28/webvtt-mp4-files-dash-and-gpac/-
WebVTT in MP4
(which reminds me that a section on in-band WebVTT may be another useful
addition to the page)

Cheers,
Silvia.

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com