Re: Listing valid children/parents of HTML elements

 Austin William Wright <aaa@bzfx.net> wrote:

> HTML lists elements and classes of elements that are allowed to be
> children of each element, and attributes. Wouldn't it be useful if this was
> shown somewhere?

I certainly think so.  The difficulty will be to figure out an effective
way to encode the information.  E.g., the specs use all sorts of categories
to describe elements -- phrasing content, flow content, sectioning content
-- and these are used to define allowed child elements.  But we don't
currently have any pages representing those categories.  Although it would
be nice to see a (compact) list of all allowed elements, it would be rather
unwieldy, and error-prone, if we would have to manually list them all in
the form.

Same for attributes, there are loose hierarchies that we would need to
organize into a proper information architecture that could be implemented
in Semantic Mediawiki.

Should I add fields for this to <
> https://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Form:Markup_Element>? And then make it
> a Semantic Mediawiki statement so we can query e.g. "which elements is this
> element found in."
>
> This is a key form/template used in many pages, so it would be best to
play around on the test wiki (docs.webplatform.org/test/) until you've got
a working solution.

AmeliaBR