Re: code.webplatform.org

Of course feature detections should be used. I was asking for a minimal
version for testing, not for unofficially supporting (unofficially, we
should support any user agent on any operating system on any device).

☆*PhistucK*

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 5:35 AM, Rob^_^ <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> don’t go blaming a ghost in the dark yet.....
>
> is anybody else having problems with IE11 on code.webplatform.org ?
>
> so far nobodys responded yes... It must be just me.
>
> The workaround of using another browser is no problem for me... I am
> already using three.
>
> In answer to Phils question.
>
> Also, what is the minimal Internet Explorer version you expect to support?
> 11? 10? 9? 8? Anything that docs.webplatform.org supports with
> progressive enhancements?
>
> I think it should be IE8, IE9 and higher support addEventListener, inline
> svg, and various levels of HTML5 and jsAPI’s.
>
> The major web sites like google and facebook already have policies that
> states they will support the last three versions of any vendors browser.
>
> that said, I think it is important that code examples include feature
> tests, not necessarily IE8or higher feature tests . Feature test for the
> standard and offer a graceful fallback.
> eg.
> if(window.addEventListener){
> // standards
> window.addEventListener(‘event’,handler,false);
> }else{
> // legacy
> window.attachEvent(‘on’+’event’,handler);
> }

>>> 1) ask Lea, Dabblet's creator, to implement support for at least IE11
>>> 2) try to fix Dabblet/codelet ourselves (any volunteers?)
>>> 3) look into replacing Dabblet with some other, more robust app like JS