Re: new plan to replace flags with Readiness Markers

Hey Eliezer (and all),

I've been playing around with the test wiki, trying to figure out a way to
get a "show details" set-up to work.

One common approach is to use a hidden checkbox (so that the label of the
checkbox is the link, and a combination of :checked pseudoclass selectors
and sibling selectors is used to show hide content).  However, Mediawiki
converts any `<input>` tags to plain text, so that doesn't work.  Same goes
for `<details>`/`<summary>` tags, which also have the downside of not being
supported in many browsers.

Another approach, which is slightly better semantically but which has the
side effect of jumping the scroll position, is to use a same-page link to
target the details and then use a `:target` pseudo-class to display the
content.  I've got that implemented in the test template [1], so that it
prints to the page like

    *Page status:* <http://docs.webplatform.org/test/Property:State> Almost
Done Details...<http://docs.webplatform.org/test/css/properties/max-height#showStateDetails>

Note that to avoid having two different links one after another, I've
removed the link on "Almost Done" and instead added a link to the "Page
status" heading.  That link goes to the property page [2], which I've
edited a bit to show my idea of having it as a useful reference page, with
definitions of the different property values and links to
search-by-property for each value.

However, even in the test wiki I don't seem to have permission to make the
relevant changes to the common CSS file [3] to enable the show/hide
functionality.  It would need to be edited to add this block:

div#showStateDetails:not(*:target)  #stateDetails{
/* hide if the browser supports the :target pseudoclass AND
    the showStateDetails target isn't active */
display: none; speak:none;
}
div#showStateDetails:target  #stateDetailsLink {
/* hide after being activated */
display: none; speak:none;
}

[1]:
http://docs.webplatform.org/t/index.php?title=Template:State&action=edit
[2]: http://docs.webplatform.org/test/Property:State
[3]: http://docs.webplatform.org/test/MediaWiki:Common.css

-ABR
P.S.  I hadn't clued in to the fact that there was a full wiki copy for
playing around.  I'll know in the future not to dump sample code into an
email when I can create a functional sample page instead!