Re: Organizing information for new contributors

Thanks for the feedback & welcomes everyone,

While working this weekend I discovered the Help table-of-contents page (
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Help:Contents, accessible from the Tools
drop-down menu) has many good links including the Style Guide.

I've taken the liberty of extending that list to include the other useful
pages I mentioned previously.

In addition to now having this list accessible from the Tools menu, it
could probably be imported wholesale as a section on the
Editor/Contributor's Guide table of contents page.  With a list of
references to complement the step-by-step introduction, that would make the
easy-to-get-to Editor's Guide page a one-stop-shop for most things a new
contributor needs to get their bearings.

The only thing the help list is really missing is a page explaining the
syntax for using the advanced functionality of the search page.  I've been
doing a lot of site-specific google searches to find all sub-pages of a
given file path...

If anyone knows of an external site describing how to search by topics,
categories, etc. (or is able to create such a page specifically for
webplatform.org!), please add it to the help page mentioned above.

I hope to get a chance to listen in to the weekly meeting tomorrow and get
a better idea of what you're all working on.  In the meantime, I've set my
sights on all things CSS-media-query-related.  I'll send out a separate
email outlining a proposed schema.

Best regards,
--ABR