From: Julee [mailto:julee@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 2:10 PM
To: WebPlatform Public List
Subject: What do you think about changing the UI for unfinished pages? (no flags, one big warning sign instead)

Hi, everyone:

As I mentioned in the notes for the infrastructure meeting, we talked about changing the UI for unfinished pages. We want to make it clear to the consumer of the content (the visitor) when a page is not ready for consumption. Doug came up with an alternative experience:

Flags UI - The flags UI (as it stands now or in the latest comps) is NOT sufficient for notifying a visitor that the page is not ready for consumption. So, we have modified proposal:

One pictograph:

On each unfinished/unvetted page, there will be a single pictograph (we talked about a red warning triangle) w/ a tooltip (or as associated text) saying the page isn't finished with a link to a top-level topic that does show what pages ARE ready. This warning should get in the way of reading the rest of the page, as we want users to NOT use this page.

Flags in editing form only:

We still simplify the flags (as we discussed in a thread on the list) and they will remain within the edit form, but the flags will not be exposed in the UI. There'd be only this 1 red warning symbol.

Update www landing page as well:

ADDED DEPENDENCY: www landing page needs updating: to notify visitor that we're still working on this site, and that if you see this graphic [some red alert] it means the page isn't ready, please help us fix it.

Action items:

* We will ask Eliot to help us edit the text so that it is the clearest to the user.
* For other tasks, Doug & Renoir will isolate tasks that need to be done, so we can publicize and seek volunteers with appropriate skills.

Please let us know what you think!

Julee

julee@adobe.com<mailto:julee@adobe.com>