Piwik tracking

From: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:08:40 -0400
To: List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Hello everybody

I'm working toward enabling again Piwik tracking throughout the site and I have a few questions in mind.

1. Why do we not track throughout all the domains instead of specific per subdomain? Is it only to have a segmentation already made?

2. Why do we use Fastly as Piwik frontend when it is technically useless since piwik big usage vector is to create stats (e.g. /piwik.php) and we cannot cache it through HTTP? [1]

3. Who has the [superadmin] password, I do not want to override it?

In case you want to follow the progress, see this task [0] in the project management system.

I'll keep you posted.

  [0]: http://project.webplatform.org/infrastructure/issues/INFR-48
  [1]: http://www.garron.me/en/blog/install-piwik-behind-varnish.html

Regards,

Renoir Boulanger  |  Developer operations engineer
W3C  |  Web Platform Project

http://w3.org/people/#renoirbhttps://renoirboulanger.com/  ✪  @renoirb
~