The Bug Genie sending email issue is solved

From: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 09:29:56 -0400
Cc: Jonathan Garbee <jonathan.garbee@gmail.com>, Julee Burdekin <julee@adobe.com>
To: List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Hey people

Yesterday I solved two related issues [0] [1].

It was basically a problem of trying to send an email when the bug genie feels it has to do it: basically after anything we change on an issue.

The root cause is that it sends in a synchronous with the request response cycle of the web framework and can break the whole process if it doesn't succeed to send the mail.

Like it was happening in the two issues.

@Julee, @Garbee, can you confirm I actually solved the issue on your use case?

  [0]: http://project.webplatform.org/infrastructure/issues/INFR-20
  [1]: http://project.webplatform.org/infrastructure/issues/INFR-17

Regards,

Renoir Boulanger  |  Developer operations engineer
W3C  |  Web Platform Project

http://w3.org/people/#renoirbhttps://renoirboulanger.com/  ✪  @renoirb
~