From:  Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date:  Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:41 PM
To:  Eliezer Bernart <eliezerbernart@gmail.com>
Cc:  WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org>, julee
<julee@adobe.com>
Subject:  Re: CSS - External Examples

Hey Eliezer,

@Julee, you might want to chime in on the topic.

This is a nice catch, actually. You are right, Eliezer, we have many pages
that also uses examples from other sources such as MSDN and we have a
pending issue for that matter.

Mostly:
- list code samples who are in the pages and not in the code.webplatform.org
- flag ones that shows old ways of working (e.g.  tags in uppercase,
tagsoup, etc)

And rework those in particular.

A task that we discussed in a meeting was to create a database query and get
those pages.

We should have such task created in project.webplatform.org. If there is
none yet; create a task (Infrastructure) and assign it to me.

It has to be worked on and the task just might have had fallen through
cracks.

Thanks

Renoir Boulanger | Developer operations engineer
W3C | webplatform.org

http://w3.org/people/#renoirbhttps://renoirboulanger.com  ✪  @renoirb
~

Eliezer Bernart <eliezerbernart@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Folks!

Now that the CSS properties are almost complete I would like to say congrats
for the great step forward to finish this journey.

For the last couple of days, reviewing some examples in older CSS properties
(probably made before code.webplatform.org <http://code.webplatform.org/> ),
I found some examples which the "View live example" link points to an
external reference, sometimes to a domain from the user who wrote the
example, or some examples of an affiliated page, other times to an external
website not affiliated to the Webplatform.org project.

Examples:
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/background-image
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/zoom
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/text-decoration
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/text-overflow-ellipsis

In most of the cases, those examples (made by the users) or imported from
other websites are really helpful for beginners, so my questions are:

1. Should we move them to the code.webplatform.org
<http://code.webplatform.org/>  ?
2. Can we track all the external live examples and check if they are under
the Webplatform.org domain?
3. All the properties should have a live example?

Eliezer

@eliezerbernart
eliezerb