Re: What do you think about changing the UI for unfinished pages? (no flags, one big warning sign instead)

I think this is a good idea, since I fell into the trap recently of
assuming that the information on a good number of pages was for
consumption (albeit needing further work), and coming away disappointed.
  A key problem for me was trying to figure out what information on a
given page was ok, and what was not. A clear message saying that the
whole page should be avoided would be helpful.

In my haste to find the information I needed quickly, I didn't get from
the panel of red flags that the article was still not for consumption -
I just thought there was a bunch of stuff missing. To be honest, i was
in too much of a hurry to read the detail of each flag.

I think a clear, easily noticeable icon would be useful, but I think
there should also be some text associated with it that says explicitly
(ie. not a tooltip) that the page is not yet for consumption. (It may
then go on to request help for making it so, but I think that users
should be able to see very clearly and upfront that they should not use
this page yet.)

My personal opinion is that moving the red flags to the edit page is a
very good idea: by simplifying the page, it would make the warning
triangle (or whatever) much more noticeable, but also the flag
information is not really of interest to the general reader of the page,
I think, and removing it will lead to a cleaner UI.

Hope that helps,
RI