Re: Fixing the TOC issues

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Lea Verou <lea@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> On May 24, 2013, at 19:20, Mike Sierra <letmespellitoutforyou@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I like it a lot better floating outside the content.  The animation
> seems jerky, which is odd considering it uses CSS transitions.
> Which browser? Not jerky at all in Chrome OSX.

I'm on Safari. Similar jerkiness in Firefox. I see it works well in Chrome.
 Overall I'd increase the duration & delay to make it much lazier.

That code I sent you repositions the element only after scroll hasn't fired
in a while.  I'm not a fan of it moving around while scrolling, but not a
huge deal.

> Are there any cases throughout the site in which a TOC might run so long
> that it might not fully display within the vertical screen area?
> Yes, and we’re looking for a solution for that.
>
> > If so, I suggest accordion-style B-heads.
> What’s that?

As in jQuery, equivalent to summary/details elements.

> >  Also, a bug: you can keep scrolling down once you're at the bottom of
> the content, with more empty space added underneath the main content as you
> go.
> Yes I know. I said it was rough :)
>
> Cheers,
> Lea