Re: Table of contents added to pages, yay!

Thank you, Lea!

From: Alex Komoroske <komoroske@google.com<mailto:komoroske@google.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 9, 2013 5:05 PM
To: Lea Verou <lea@w3.org<mailto:lea@w3.org>>
Cc: "public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>" <public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Table of contents added to pages, yay!

Awesome, looks great!

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Lea Verou <lea@w3.org<mailto:lea@w3.org>> wrote:
Hi all,

I recently came up with the idea of having a client-side generated Table Of Contents (TOC). In coordination with Doug, I wrote a script to generate it and deployed it to WPD. This has the benefit of being smaller (1.5KB) than a server-side TOC and cachable and most importantly, it solved the issues we had with the headings. Hope you like it.

We had to remove the width: 100%; from tables to avoid them being pushed down by the TOC, so please keep an eye out for table rendering issues.

Here you can see an example: http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/border-radius

This was a long outstanding bug, so it¡¯s exciting to finally have solved it!

Cheers,
Lea

Lea Verou
W3C developer relations