W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webplatform@w3.org > March 2013

Re: Email to Doc Sprint registrants

From: Scott Rowe <scottrowe@google.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:38:12 -0700
Message-ID: <CAHZLcPo8UnH9y_n=aOTDScEaG8tWikbQ-XgZgcAL05zWCFGPoQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Julee <julee@adobe.com>
Cc: Peter Lubbers <peterlubbers@google.com>, Doug May <intuedge@gmail.com>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Thanks for doing this, Julee! Looks great!
~Scott



On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Julee <julee@adobe.com> wrote:

> Oops. Fixed link text to upcoming San Francisco Doc Sprint<http://www.sfhtml5.org/events/109202662/> .
> Thanks. J
>
>
> ----------------------------
> julee@adobe.com
> @adobejulee
>
> From: julee <julee@adobe.com>
> Date: Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:18 AM
> To: Peter Lubbers <peterlubbers@google.com>, Doug May <intuedge@gmail.com>
> Cc: "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
>
> Subject: Re: Email to Doc Sprint registrants
> Resent-From: <public-webplatform@w3.org>
> Resent-Date: Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:18 AM
>
> Thanks, Peter and DougM!
>
> DougM: I fixed the typo in the first paragraph. While I appreciate your
> position regarding the expansive role potential community members have to
> play, this email is about real work that has been done and that we need
> people to do to get to beta. So, I'd rather not expand what we're asking
> for at this time. Let the reader dream… ;-)
>
>
> Here's the updated version with fixes you suggested:
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Hello from WebPlatform.org!
>
>
> We are emailing you because you registered for a WebPlatform.org Doc
> Sprint. We thought you'd like to know some of our activities. Also, we
> would like you to circle back around to WebPlatform.org. Please help a bit
> and give us feedback about your experience this time around. If you don't
> want to receive emails, please email julee@adobe.com and I'll remove you
> from this list.
>
>
> We have been working to improve the experience for folks like you, who
> want to contribute content and code or otherwise participate. We have a
> long way to go, but we've accomplished a few key things:
>
>
> *Getting started experience*
>
>
> Based on surveys and 1-1 feedback, we've updated the Getting Started
> experience (http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Getting_Started) and the
> Editorial Guide (http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Editors_Guide).
> Give them a whirl and let us know<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Editors_Guide/step_2_communicate_with_the_online_community> (on
> the IRC or the public list) what you think.
>
>
> *code.webplatform.org*
>
>
> At http://code.webplatform.org, we've installed a playground! You can
> sketch a code idea, test a sample, and then share your code. Right now, you
> share it by adding the key snippet to the article page and also linking to
> the example on code.webplatform.org (for example, see
> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/box-shadow). In the next
> round, your examples can be embedded directly in the article.
>
>
> *project.webplatform.org*
>
>
> We have just installed a new projects space,
> http://project.webplatform.org. Besides filing issues and enhancements
> there, you can:
>
>
> * have your own dashboard showing what's on your plate
>
> * assign yourself tasks for the next time you stop by
>
> * get a bird's eye view of any project area
>
>
> Again, we're in Alpha here, so a lot of patience and feedback is much
> appreciated.
>
>
> *More Doc Sprints coming*
>
>
> More Doc Sprints are coming all of the time. If you're in San Francisco
> next week, please sign up for the upcoming San Francisco Doc Sprint<http://www.sfhtml5.org/events/109202662/> at
> Google. We have a wait list, but we're expecting quite a few spots to open.
>
>
> *Join the drive toward Beta and give feedback*
>
>
> We would like to move quickly to declare Beta. But that depends on the
> help we get. So please help. If you're available to edit CSS properties
> pages, contribute examples, help with the MediaWiki LAMP infrastructure, or
> just want to hit some of the low-hanging fruit on the Getting Started page<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Getting_Started>,
> please do! And let us know<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Editors_Guide/step_2_communicate_with_the_online_community>what you think overall about your experience.
>
>
> Looking forward to documenting the web with you all!
>
>
> The busy folks at WebPlatform.org.
>
>
> (And again, if you don't want to receive emails, please email
> julee@adobe.com and I'll remove you from this list.)
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> From: Peter Lubbers <peterlubbers@google.com>
> Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:16 PM
> To: Doug May <intuedge@gmail.com>
> Cc: julee <julee@adobe.com>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <
> public-webplatform@w3.org>
> Subject: Re: Email to Doc Sprint registrants
>
> Looks good, Julee.
> Do you want to mention the upcoming SF doc sprint<http://www.sfhtml5.org/events/109202662/>at all?
> It is "sold out" but we have a wait list and I am pretty sure I can open
> quite a few spots up.
> Note that in addition to the 125 on meetup, we also have 50 registered via
> HTML5 Dev Conf.
> --Peter
>
>
>
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM, Doug May <intuedge@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Really nice draft, Julee.
>>
>> The second sentence wanders in focus, subject, and tense -- "we would
>> like to ... give us feedback...".
>>
>> The big thing I would want to see added is the opportunity to step up
>> and design and provide infrastructure and lay out the track in front
>> of us.  Don't limit them to what we can serve up ready to work on.  We
>> still have all that stuff we can't get ready in time for them, and we
>> know they're up to it.  I'm hereby repeating my votes for strategic
>> engagement in topics of the month (review cycle) and periodic site
>> design upgrade sprints, along with near-term (at least) recruiting for
>> big-picture assistance.
>>
>> Also, given the juxtaposition with the h5devconf, this wouldn't be a
>> bad time to invite people interested in the test side of the project
>> to show up and work with us to make it whole.  Maybe too late to boost
>> Shepazu's application for GSoC, but we can't be the lid on what
>> volunteers can provide.
>>
>> DougM
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Julee <julee@adobe.com> wrote:
>> > Hi, everyone:
>> >
>> > Let's circle back around to Doc Sprint registrants, let them know
>> what's up,
>> > and ask them to re-join the fold. I've drafted an email that I'd like to
>> > send out tomorrow.
>> >
>> > Please let me know of any changes you'd make to the following email
>> blast:
>> >
>> >
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > Hello from WebPlatform.org!
>> >
>> > We are emailing you because you registered for a WebPlatform.org Doc
>> Sprint.
>> > We thought you'd like to know some of our activities. Also, we would
>> like to
>> > circle back around to WebPlatform.org, help a bit, and give us feedback
>> > about your experience this time. If you don't want to receive emails,
>> please
>> > email julee@adobe.com and I'll remove you from this list.
>> >
>> > We have been working to improve the experience for folks like you, who
>> want
>> > to contribute content and code or otherwise participate. We have a long
>> way
>> > to go, but we've accomplished a few key things:
>> >
>> > Based on surveys and 1-1 feedback, we've updated the Getting Started
>> > experience (http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Getting_Started) and
>> the
>> > Editorial Guide (http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Editors_Guide).
>> Give
>> > them a whirl and let us know (on the IRC or the public list) what you
>> think.
>> >
>> > At http://code.webplatform.org, we've installed a playground! You can
>> sketch
>> > a code idea, test a sample, and then share your code. Right now, you
>> share
>> > it by adding the key snippet to the article page and also linking to the
>> > example on code.webplatform.org (for example, see
>> > http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/box-shadow). In the
>> next
>> > round, your examples can be embedded directly in the article.
>> >
>> > We have just installed a new projects space,
>> http://project.webplatform.org.
>> > Besides filing issues and enhancements there, you can:
>> >
>> > * have your own dashboard showing what's on your plate
>> > * assign yourself tasks for the next time you stop by
>> > * get a bird's eye view of any project area
>> >
>> > Again, we're in Alpha here, so a lot of patience and feedback is much
>> > appreciated.
>> >
>> > We would like to move quickly to declare Beta. But that depends on the
>> help
>> > we get. So if you're available to edit CSS properties pages, contribute
>> > examples, help with the MediaWiki LAMP infrastructure, or just want to
>> hit
>> > some of the low-hanging fruit on the Getting Started page, please do!
>> And
>> > let us know.
>> >
>> > Looking forward to documenting the web with you all!
>> >
>> > The busy folks at WebPlatform.org.
>> >
>> > (And again, if you don't want to receive emails, please email
>> > julee@adobe.com and I'll remove you from this list.)
>> >
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >
>> >
>> > Thanks! J
>> >
>> > ----------------------------
>> > julee@adobe.com
>> > @adobejulee
>>
>>
>
Received on Thursday, 28 March 2013 17:38:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 8 May 2013 19:57:41 UTC