What to do with CSS properties that have been renamed?

From: Lea Verou <lea@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:38:27 +0300
To: WebPlatform Community <public-webplatform@w3.org>
This issue is more prevalent with flexbox. Several properties have been renamed over and over during the Working Drafts stage. For example, flex-align to align-items.

Do we keep separate pages for these, telling people not to use them in the summary and what they’ve been renamed to (such as here [1]) or do we redirect to the newest name, adding a note with older names?

I used to do the former so far in my cleanup, but it just dawned on me that the latter might be a better approach.

[1]: http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/-ms-flex-item-align

Lea Verou
W3C developer relations
http://w3.org/people/all#leahttp://lea.verou.me ✿ @leaverou