Dynamic homepage

From: Lea Verou <lea@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 02:05:22 +0300
To: WebPlatform Community <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

As you might know, there are some thoughts on redesigning the homepage and including some more dynamic parts to show off the activity on the site.
Janet Swisher made a mockup of what it could look like [1], from which there are three dynamic sections:

- Blog posts
- Events
- Recent discussions (from the mailing list)

I think it would be useful to (also?) have Recent Edits, since we need something that shows frequent activity and that's more frequent than blog posts or events and perhaps discussions.
It would be nice to also put something about Web Platform Wednesdays there. Also tweets, which could even be a client side widget.

The thing is, these should be automatic, so we thought of sending an email about which ones you think are easier to implement in a reasonably timely manner. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Lea

[1]: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao_fDuA-PPFydE9vbkR4UWpPRHNjaGFxcjA5WXd5SVE#gid=0

Lea Verou