Re: Session Timeout Bug Redux (was: CSS property pages: test runs)

On 31 Jan 2013, at 18:51, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi, Chris-
>
> On 1/31/13 1:39 PM, Chris Mills wrote:
>>
>> the main pain has been the session bug issue, although it doesn't
>> seem to have reared its ugly head in the last couple of hours. Maybe
>> it is fixed? For those of you who don't know this, basically it's an
>> annoying issue that plagued us in the past where you keep getting
>> logged out after 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, etc. Our sys ops
>> have been hard at work on these in the last couple of weeks. To
>> mitigate any such problems though, I would advise you to always write
>> your text offline first, and then try to put it into the template
>> afterwards.
>
> Can you clarify when the last time you saw the bug was? Ryan made a change last night that should help with it, so if you haven't seen it since yesterday, that would be a good sign.
>
> Even if you have seen it today, it could (perhaps) have been a lingering effect of caching.

I reckon the last time I saw it was about 4.30pm my time. I then went for dinner, and did more work from about 5.45pm my time, after which I didn't experience it (I was saving it fairly often, but even so)

I'll stress test it a bit more tomorrow, but fingers crossed it looks like it may have gone away.