Re: CSS property pages: test runs

From: Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:04:49 +0000
Cc: Alex Komoroske <komoroske@google.com>, <public-webplatform@w3.org>, Hiroki Yamada <hiroki@w3.org>, Sébastien Desbenoit <seb@desbenoit.net>, Mike Sierra <letmespellitoutforyou@gmail.com>, "tommi@tommiwest.com" <tommi@tommiwest.com>
To: Julee <julee@adobe.com>

On 28 Jan 2013, at 18:48, Julee <julee@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi, Alex & Chris:
>
> We have a few volunteers to write up some CSS properties. We decided in the last meeting to pick from the outliers. Based on the spreadsheet[1] and the email about the most popular CSS Properties[2], do you want to  assign the properties to the following folks?

So the suggested deadline sounds good to me. I think, given that this gives you a week or so, that you should be fairly comfortable doing 2 properties in that time? In my tests, I found that doing a property takes roughly about 2-3 hours, including writing a brief code example, so this should be about 4-6 hours work. I reckon work should speed up as we get more used to it!

I have assigned us the following properties - let me know if you have any problems with these. My guide to implementing CSS property pages is at http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:CSS_property_guide - also give me feedback on how useful this is, so I can improve it.

Mike's prototype font-size page is at http://letmespellitoutforyou.com/x/webplatform/font_size.html, and he has implemented it as near as he can, at http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/font-size. Use this latter URL as a guide to how you implement the information on your property pages.

> Chris

I have grabbed the following bank of properties for testing purposes

background
 background-attachment
 background-color
 background-image