Re: Guide to implementing CSS property pages

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the comments guys!
>
> I have answered pretty much all of Mike's comments. I also agreed entirely with PhistucK's comments, and have implemented a page about CSS images at http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/concepts/css-images and referenced it from my CSS property guide (http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:CSS_property_guide). It makes a lot of sense to cover concepts and other info that applies to several properties, in separate pages.

That point is worth stressing as part of the instructions. Authors
should ask whether information they want to include for this property
is also appropriate for other properties as well. In that case, link
to it elsewhere.  In general, draw links within the site, even to
appropriate destinations that don't exist yet.  In this case, url()
and various *-gradient() functions are viable targets within the
"css/functions" tree. (Either search or navigate to css/functions to
research existing pages.) Or if you're describing background colors,
rather than detail how RGBA/HSLA values work, you should point to
css/units (caveat: that tree doesn't exist yet). If you find yourself
using any other common jargon that's hard to classify & that readers
might not be familiar with, create a link within the top-level
"concepts" tree, e.g., "viewport," "vendor prefixes," or "standards
mode." Readers may also benefit from links to tutorials on the subject
available as "CSS learning material." (Other areas such as HTML,
Javascript, and SVG have their own learning-material areas.)

--Mike Sierra