Re: sample CSS property page: font-size

On 24 Jan 2013, at 23:56, Paul Irish <paulirish@google.com> wrote:

> Hey guys!
>
> Mike, you've done great work here. :D
>

> Some feedback from Nicolas Gallagher, lead dev of HTML5 Boilerplate and Normalize.css:
> 	• it's quite impressive!
> 	• 'values' is missing 'initial'
> 	• 'compatibility table' is confusing, not clear what it's showing. is the top part showing compat for all units that aren't `vh/vw` etc?
> 		• "Basic support" ?
> 	•  the examples need to be more explicit by setting a fixed, known base font-size. 16px is an assumed desktop default but afaik some mobile devices use large values. so the 62.5% example is a bit old-school.

lol - this was my fault; I guess I'm just old school ;-) I still use 62.5%, and have never had any problems, but Nicolas'  argument here rings true. I guess 10px would be better then...

> 	• "Other resources" says "css tricks" but points to ALA article. it's also from 2007, which might have some dated info...didnt check.
> My feedback:
> 	• Logos are out of date. I would recommend grabbing some Chrome/IE/Opera updates from https://github.com/paulirish/browser-logos  - I really like the table design though.

oh god yes, you've got the old Opera toilet seat logo! aargh ;-)

> 	• "Requires a !DOCTYPE declaration" .. some doctypes are specified to trigger quirks mode.. so better: "Requires standards-mode" Might be better to link to a standardsmode/quirksmode link.
> 	• I really think WPD would benefit from pointing to more external articles that frame each docs page with community discussion of its uses. In this case..

I would agree with this - for facts, basic examples and recognised, non-contested details, we can add them to the page, but for controversial points we should refer to community discussion.