Re: Preliminary CSS Property Priorities

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Chris Mills <cmills@w3.org> wrote:

> On 23 Jan 2013, at 16:05, Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com> wrote:
>

> > On 22 Jan 2013, at 17:11, Alex Komoroske <komoroske@google.com> wrote:
> >

> >> On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com> wrote:
> >> Cheers Alex! That was a lot of work yesterday ;-)
> >>
> >> Although I did say I might not be finished until Monday - I got up to
> about row 510, but the ones below I didn't get to. I would still like to
> look over these, just to record the specs each one is defined in, and add
> any other properties that may come to light from looking through the specs.
> This shouldn't take me long, but I want to check with you first before
> doing anything that changing the spreadsheet again won't muck up the
> calculations/processing you've applied to it. How is best to proceed here?
> >>
> >> Go ahead and edit the Manual Data page; you won't mess anything up.
> >
> > Awesome - I'll do this today.
>
> Ok, I've gone through the whole lot - ready to be signed off.
>
> So, next steps. Can we confirm that Mike's exemplary CSS page has been
> finished enough for me to start creating a few?

I think it makes sense for it to bake a bit, and to discuss it at this
week's content meeting (although unfortunately I won't be able to attend).

> Even if the template is not ready, I can create the text for a few pages.
> I'd like to get a feel for how long a page will take to do, and from that,
> wrk out how long I think this work will take us.
>
> What priority levels do we want to get done in this first phase of work?

I think the next stage of work will be more exploratory:  working through a
few more CSS properties as we simultaneously write up the guide on how to
write a high-quality CSS Property article.

Once we have that set, we can start divvying up the work among volunteers
and get going in earnest.