Re: A finished icon proposal for the WPD main topics

From: Scott Rowe <scottrowe@google.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 16:43:34 -0800
To: Sébastien Desbenoit <Seb@desbenoit.net>
Cc: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Hi Seb,

I think this icon is headed the right direction. Maybe all it needs is
another interlocking cog, or maybe two - all of different sizes. The teeth
could be smaller. Also, the cogs could have hubs.

I do think this is better than the old puzzle piece icon so heavily favored
everywhere, and that was the only other symbol I could think of for an API.

Thanks for doing this!!!

+Scott

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:07 AM, Sébastien Desbenoit <Seb@desbenoit.net>wrote:

> Hi Scott, hi All,
>
> I wish for you and your close ones  a very happy new year!
>
> Here's a first draft for an API icon. I'm not very happy with the concept
> lying under the icon but we need a start. If you have some idea of how we
> can conceptualize the idea of API in a shape, I'll be happy to hear.
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Seb Desbenoit
>

> *
> --
> Sébastien Desbenoit
> twitter :  @desbenoit <http://twitter.com/desbenoit>
> *
> *
> site : http://desbenoit.net
> *
> *
> blog : http://internetetmoi.fr
> mobile :  +33 (0)6 98 54 92 93
> *

WPD-API-icon-draft1.png
(image/png attachment: WPD-API-icon-draft1.png)